2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. So about a week ago i got my heating system flushed.
My cousin who is a mechanic removed the battery housing and the air filter and housing. In order to get to the in and out pipes of the heater core. So anyway. Managed to flush the system with a lot of water and compressed air. Heating problem solved.
However by doing so and error code has popped up.
P1384 which I believe is Glow plug circuit malfunction.
Now using my cheap Obd reader I can reset the code. But it comes back on immediately. It's only after the engine warms up a little and then reset it does it stay gone. While the code is on the car is in limp mode.
I know My Glow plugs are fine. No issues. So what's the problem?

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,788 Posts
You seem confident that the glow plugs are OK so, under normal circumstances, the relay would naturally now be the most likely culprit. However the situation you report involved someone doing work, which obviously makes me wonder if something has been disturbed... Probably best to retrace the steps taken during the recent work and check all electrical connectors in the vicinity before splashing out on the relay.

I'm unsure if the vehicle has another relay somewhere the same as the glow plug relay. Maybe have a look and, if you're really lucky, you could try a temporary swap. It would have to be something heavy duty, such as the HRW or headlights etc...

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Hot water and compressed air underneath the hood sounds like a receipe for disaster.

A bit of water fired accidentally into the relay? definitely sounds like a good place to start.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You seem confident that the glow plugs are OK so, under normal circumstances, the relay would naturally now be the most likely culprit. However the situation you report involved someone doing work, which obviously makes me wonder if something has been disturbed... Probably best to retrace the steps taken during the recent work and check all electrical connectors in the vicinity before splashing out on the relay.

I'm unsure if the vehicle has another relay somewhere the same as the glow plug relay. Maybe have a look and, if you're really lucky, you could try a temporary swap. It would have to be something heavy duty, such as the HRW or headlights etc...
Sounds like a reasonable place to start. I'll get on it as soon as possible. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts