2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I have been having occasionally an issue on my 2.2 CTDi when accelerating hard where the car starts jerking, and lose of power and the PGMFI symbol pops up.
I assume car goes into Limp mode, i switch off and then it goes fine. I just got a OBD reader and read for faults and its the error P1065.
I have read what the possible causes could be, but before i start with anything what i would like to know if one doesn't use a original diesel filter can it cause this issue?
I did replace the filter a month ago because i was having this issue before, but it is not a original Honda filter, could that be the cause of the issue ?
Car starts fine from cold or hot, drives 100%, can push her a bit no issue but as soon as i floor her through the rev range this happens.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,853 Posts
When did the problem start and has the car ever been cross-fuelled with petrol?

P1065 is a Honda-specific code for the fuel pressure being 'lower than expected', so similar in detail to the OBD2 generic code P0087. This condition can have several causes...
An overly-restrictive fuel filter (because it's blocked with dirt or badly manufactured)
The fuel pump being worn (because of cross-fuelling?)
The fuel rail over-pressure valve leaking and returning fuel pressure to the tank
One or more fuel injectors developing excessive leak-back flow and returning fuel pressure to the tank

The last 3 would usually cause starting problems. I'd want to rule out the fuel filter first by fitting an OEM Denso filter, although you'd be really unlucky to have bought a filter that's so crap that it gives an immediate problem!

I have assumed that you've deleted the stored P1065 and it always comes back?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jon what do u mean by cross fuel ? I normally use the same diesel from same petrol station and tend to keep to the same diesel, unless they out of it.
It has been happening a while already even before my replacement diesel filter, like I mentioned it is not a original one from Honda and I didn't notice if the old one was a original one.
One thing I forgot to mention is that I had the car remapped a while ago with a stage 2 I assume, so maybe with that done there is more demand for fuelling and car taking strain to supply, before mapping I didn't have this issue.
Since I got the Obd reader I did come across this issue once because I pushed the car hard to test and see if error pops Pgfmi on car since I now had a reader but it didn't show, the car only jerked. I did a fault test with obd and no errors, but then 2 days ago when I pushed hard thats when the pgfmi popped up and I again did a fault test and that's when I got the P1065 error which I cleared.
I haven't really tested car again because of this lock down so when I get a chance will have to see, but I'm sure once I push it hard I will have same issue.
What u suggest I start with ?
Diesel filter replacement with Honda one ?
Thank you kindly for ur reply

·
4,004 Posts
But it seems in this case it was doing it before OP changed the filter. So I have my doubts whether changing for the OEM one will fix his problem.
But still a pretty good idea anyway.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,853 Posts
Did the problem begin soon after the stage 2 remap? If so, then it'd be hard to ignore that coincidence, as it would put greater demand on the fuel pump.

But still cheaper to rule out the fuel filter first!

The OEM Honda filter is made by Denso. It'll probably be cheaper to buy from a Denso stockist rather than a Honda dealer, if possible.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did the problem begin soon after the stage 2 remap? If so, then it'd be hard to ignore that coincidence, as it would put greater demand on the fuel pump.

But still cheaper to rule out the fuel filter first!

The OEM Honda filter is made by Denso. It'll probably be cheaper to buy from a Denso stockist rather than a Honda dealer, if possible.
Yes after the tune only so I ran a month or so as it was and then replaced the diesel filter thinking that it could be that, but like I said it was a after market filter that I replaced it with, will have to check if we keep filters made by Denso as you say here in my country otherwise will have to check from the. Honda stealership here ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts