2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the whole the lights on the car are fine, just one thing, I happend to flash my high beam the other night, I must admit I was expecting the area in front of the car to be flooded with light. But to my "horror" it was quite limp. Has any one else noticed this or might I have a problem?

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I could not possibly comment on your flashing your limp one. The main beam on the EX makes quite a difference, lights up a lot further down the road.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW :shock: let me just put the record straight the LIGHTS look LIMP and thats it...ok... :oops:

·
您看了
456 Posts
So you ditched your HID bulbs? Don't all EX's have HID bulbs fitted as standard?

If you did ditch the HID's why would you do that? They are far far more effective than the bulbs sold on that site....

To quote that site

Blue Vision replicates the HID High Intensity Gas Discharge System fitted as standard to more and more of today's prestige and performance cars. This is because the new and improved design means the bulb burns at 4000K (Kelvin) - no other bulb has this colour temperature, which is the closest to natural daylight. The lamps recreate daylight driving conditions at night therefore contributing to safety and performance.
Notw the word replicates, ie, doesnt beat. In fact these bulbs replicate the colour effect (near daylight) but dont come near the full HID light output. These bulbs also only have 30% more light than a standard bulb. HID is well over 50% more light than a high output bulb and last 5 times as long (hence the £100 price per bulb).

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
I didn't say I had ditched the HID's, can't ditch the HID. As i said i changed the "Mainbeam". These are just position lights and main beams I changed to look a bit whiter next to the HID's

The main beams are really bright and once position lights have warmed a bit they look much better, can't go wrong for £16 for 2 sets of bulbs, would recommend to all.

You should be able to install the main beams without moving the Batt box too, the manual says to move it but I managed to squeeze in there. One word of warning, don't drop the bulb as the under tray will catch it and it will be lost under the car somewhere.

They are 50% brighter not 30%, did you look at the right ones? positions are only 30%.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Kpow99 said:
Changed my main beam lamps to 50% extra white H1's

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/

Plus you get free side light bulbs 30% extra white.
which brand and how many watts u buy from the site kpow??? i want free side lights too :lol:

oh yeh, what size are dipped beam and foglights for our civic? H1's as well?

sorry, no knowledge on lights, cheers..

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
There is very little difference between the Philips and the Osram, only noticable under test conditions. I got the Osram Silver stars (OSSH1 standard wattage 55w) and free W5W blue bulbs for the position lights. I have HID so not sure on which bulbs you need for yours, it does tell you near the back of the manual (p470) but they have got the bulbs wrong for the main beam. The book says High beam H7 and low beam H1, well in fact my high beam was H1 and my low beam are HID's but I would hazard a guess at H7 for your car. I ordered H7's and when arrived were clearly the wrong ones, so sent back and got the H1's and another set of W5W's. I now have H1 fitted to main (high) beam and 1 fitted and 1 spare set of W5W.

If you intend to replace the dipped lights (low beam) you will have to move the Batt box on one side but should be OK for the other (Diesel only).

The price has come down from £18.95 I paid 6 weeks ago so really good value for 2 sets of bulbs and much brighter as they are filled with Xenon gas rather than halogen.

Didn't bother with fogs as they were £24.50 a pair and only halogen, and as they aren't going to get used much til winter will leave it for the time being, if you do want tem they are H11's. Just found these, not Phil or Os but £15.95 not bad and Xenon filled http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/product.php?productid=16498&cat=659&page=1 they also do free position lights and P&P too.

Also don't use their bulb searches as they don't have 06 civic, not sure if they have right data if you call them either, I know for fact that the above are correct.

You can't go wrong for less than £16 now can you :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
kevin_lufc said:
On the whole the lights on the car are fine, just one thing, I happend to flash my high beam the other night, I must admit I was expecting the area in front of the car to be flooded with light. But to my "horror" it was quite limp. Has any one else noticed this or might I have a problem?
That's odd since I noticed the opposite on my ES. The dipped beam has a very distinct and short cut-off while the main beam is fine.

Curious. :?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hello!

Can anyone tell me what HID means / is?????

I've got them but haven't got a clue what they are??!! A sales man told me it was to do with the lenses??!!! Never seen lenses that make light like that before tho!!

Cheers

J!! :D

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Hi Kpow99,

re. Power Bulbs. Did you fit Power Plus H1 or Power Blue H1 ?.

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
elfa7 said:
Hi Kpow99,

Osram Silver Star H1

HID bulbs are supposed to last the lifetime of the car and should never need replacing.

jme1978, it's the bulb that makes the difference, filled with Xenon gas rather than halogen which burns brighter and uses less energy, all cars with HID lights have auto levelling to prevent accidentally setting wrong when you have load in the car, as the light is blinding (literally) and they have to have washer jets too (don't know why though).

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Kpow99 said:
elfa7 said:
Hi Kpow99,

Osram Silver Star H1

HID bulbs are supposed to last the lifetime of the car and should never need replacing.

jme1978, it's the bulb that makes the difference, filled with Xenon gas rather than halogen which burns brighter and uses less energy, all cars with HID lights have auto levelling to prevent accidentally setting wrong when you have load in the car, as the light is blinding (literally) and they have to have washer jets too (don't know why though).

1 - 20 of 79 Posts