2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Which of these dates do you prefer for a photo meet in Essex?

• 17th or 18th July

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 14th or 15th August

• Either of these

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Neither of these

• Prefer Saturdays

• Prefer Sundays

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so here's the deal. At the last meet, Dal asked me if I'd be prepared to take some pictures of his car and, if we were to throw this open to other members, whether they'd like me to, too.

So, if you can get to the Essex area easily and you fancy the idea of a young(ish) woman crawling all over your car with a camera, give us your thoughts on the options above and we'll see if we can nail down a date/venue.

One thing I'd need you to consider in advance is what particular aspects or details of your car you're interested in having photographed: the car as a whole, for example, or any of the finer details. If you want to see any of my pictures, please see my signature. I would stress that I'm in no way a professional, just an enthusiastic amateur and, if anyone else thinks they can do as well - or better! - I'm not going to get all Prima Dona about it if you also turn up with a camera and chip in. It's often good to have several people's takes on a subject as we often will see things differently, or approach them in a different way.

My suggestion to Dal was the Mill Beach in Heybridge, which has some great driving roads to get to it and a large car park. It also does carvery at the weekends - and we happen to know the landlord/lady (which makes it safer for me if RG doesn't join us). The views over the Heybridge basin at the back are spectacular (well worth a few photos in its own right).

A downside is that the large car park is gravel, not tarmac, with some fairly large holes. So you'd have to watch that paintwork on entry and exit!

Let me know if you're up for it, and post a reply with your thoughts.

Cheers, Kat.x

·
loving my black alloys :)
510 Posts
Im in for this :)

17th July gets my vote

Dal

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like it'll be you and me then, Dal. And possibly Rom with the tractor...

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Is too far for me to go. :(

·
loving my black alloys :)
510 Posts
maybe as there is such a small amount of us - we keep it closer to home.

some nice places round Chelmo we could use.

Dal

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
I know! I would like to attend but it is just a little out of my way. :(
Especially when the weather is as nice as it is.
Sure it'll be great though!

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, if you have any suggestions for places to meet on the Essex / Kent borders, we're open to suggestions...

Turns out RG has booked us out for something on 17th July too (at the same pub as it happens, ha ha).

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Hey Kat...

I've not been very good at keeping up with goings on here lately and having missed the last couple of meets too, i'm quite ashamed!

I am, however very interested in the photo shoot. As you'll see i voted any of them are good for me. I didn't specify Saturdays or Sundays however Dal might agree with me that a Sunday is possibly better as it then allows Saturday for cleaning!

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, three would make it viable I think... which means Sunday 18th July now likeliest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts