2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
This my first post on here as I've just bought a 2016 Civic SR diesel hatchback from a Honda dealer after years of driving estate cars (a work requirement). In fact it''s my first ever Honda! The car is gorgeous and I'm looking forward to driving many miles in it.
There is a slight fly in the ointment though in that it was registered in March 2016 but I've since found it''s a Euro 5 car. I checked with Honda as the V5C didn't list the Euro class. It also turns out it was manufactured in July 2015 and is a 2015YM model.
Strangely, Parkers, TFL and the UK.Gov all list it as Euro 6.
A long winded intro I know, but wondering does anyone think I should be bothered about this or just enjoy driving it.
Given all the hype/hysteria around diesel cars recently it''s a bit of a worry and is a little confusing.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
seems to be the case a new euro 5 car could'nt be sold after 1st september 2016

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
You have bought it now so simply drive it and enjoy because either way it will not make any difference to you as you have bought it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I dont know how its done in the UK but here in NL old diesels from before 2000 arent allowed in certain city's. Cant imagine they would forbid cars from 2015

·
4,369 Posts
[trolling]
I didn't think Holland had any cities, just dykes and windmills. Please don't tell me that my perception is wrong.>:)
[/trolling]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all.
Yeah, not much I can do except drive it and enjoy it I guess. Just a bit miffed as I thought I was buying a Euro 6...should've done more digging beforehand.
Luckily I don't have to commute in and out of any cities around here as I'm sure there'll be charges galore in the next few years.
Consoled myself by fitting some shiny new mats today :smile3:
Updated the Sat Nav too which was actually free to do...unlike my wife's Note!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had this problem also, My dealer didn't even know the euro class either!!
I checked on the transport for London website and it says my car is Euro 6 and not covered by new low emmision charges which will be introduced for Euro 5 car and older. But my car is actually a Euro 5 :/ unless it's Euro 5 but they actually meet Euro 6 standards.

·
4,369 Posts
Isn't the difference whether it has a DPF or not.
I assumed that they fitted the DPF to meet E6

·
Registered
871 Posts
No, both Euro5 and Euro6 diesels need DPF for the PM levels of the emissions. Euro6 was a drop in NOx which Honda achieved with both increase EGR and NSC (NOx Storage Cat) some other manufacturers used SCR systems (Adblue)

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,319 Posts
I thought any Euro6 used AdBlue? Mine is Euro5 but still meets the zero VED....

·
Registered
63 Posts
The easiest way for any prospective buyer to find out is to check the VIN, FU2 is euro5, FU6 euro 6

I was blissfully unaware of the euro5/6 thing, doesn't really make much difference to me tbh. Have since found out mine is a euro6 anyway

·
Registered
320 Posts
Cant see any reference to FU2 or FU6 in the VIN of mine

Or is this just Hatch models ? (mine is a tourer)

Mine is EU5 according to the TFL website (Mar 2015)

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,319 Posts
It'll tell you on your V5 what it is.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,319 Posts
I'm pretty sure it does but will accept it when you check later if it doesn't :wink3:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts