2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why haven't they tested the new Civic? I expect it to do very well, but it would be nice to actually know how safe it is.

The car has been available to them presumably last year, and still no results? What's up?

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kpow99 said:
Good, I keep visiting Ncap to see if it's been listed.
Me too. I know the expectations are high, and I hope it does as well as we would like.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I am a little confused, I could have sworn my dealer told me that the new Civic had achived a 5* NCAP rating and something about pedestrian protection rating. Was he quoting the old Civic?

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The old one only achieved four stars in their crash tests. So propably he was talking about the expected five-star result. Or maybe they didn't know what they were talking about. :roll:

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Copycat said:
The old one only achieved four stars in their crash tests. So propably he was talking about the expected five-star result. Or maybe they didn't know what they were talking about. :roll:

They design cars to achieve a particular rating these days. So they already know how the car will do, because they simulate the NCAP tests.

As you can appreciate there's a lot of tests to be done (lots of cars), so they have to wait in the queue.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
MInd you this is the same salesman who told me JC from top gear had ordered 2 new Civic's.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
kevin_lufc said:
MInd you this is the same salesman who told me JC from top gear had ordered 2 new Civic's.
One for his mum, obviously.

His trouble is that he can't be seen to be associating with a brand like Honda because he hates his middle-aged jacketandjeans image.

·
Registered
32 Posts
do not expect to get the Euroncap results soon. I asked Cordelia Wilson at the beginning of the year and she told me that results would be available at beguining of summer. I asked again at the beguining of summer and this is the reply

"Dear Eduardo,

I am afraid to tell you there has been some delay in the test of this vehicle- its new test date will be at the end of the summer. Results should be available mid- autumn on our website www.euroncap.com. I can tell you though that Euro NCAP is also testing the hybrid version of the new Honda at the end of the year. This might prove interesting for you.

Thanks for your interest in Euro NCAP.
Best regards

Cordelia Wilson
Euro NCAP's Communications Manager"

So no results available till November. They may have the usual delay on buying the car to crash (some 6 months or more if they bought it black). Does this sounds familiar to you? :roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts