2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
!-!
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

As you know on my other thread of "the time has come" i wrote about what happend at my visit to Evans Halshaw Doncaster.

Now, on Monday i put a deposit down £100 on the car to reserve it, as i said im going to come up on the Thursday (Yesterday) to TEST DRIVE the car before i buy it. As i was going to do part cash/finance, i told them NOT to do anything until i test drive it but i MOST probably WILL take car.

Now, i found out they did a credit check under my name for finance WITHOUT my permission. This morning i got a letter from Northridge finance saying "Sorry but you have failed credit check" this may due to fraud.

Now, i have Excellent credit rating. Ive been a experian account holder for over 1 year and my rating has ALWAYS been good, never failed a credit check ?IN MY LIFE.

So, i ring them, receptionist girl takes the phone i ask to talk to Danny (Which i had his personal mobile i texted him yesterday repeatedly asking how will i get my £100 back and rang him about 4 times). I even tried ringing him today about 6 times and i have been told by the receptionist that my manager will call you back 3 times...which he didnt.

Anyway, i rang Danny back pretending to be "Jason" about 45 mins ago, and guess what..HE TOOK the phone!!

I said, what happened to my credit score? He said "We did the check because we thought we will get EVERYTHING ready for when you come, you passed, but we declined it manually because you went against the deal" So i said .. without my permission? They said its "standard procedure" im not sure about that im going to ring my mother tonight to ask her unless someone could give me quick legal advise (Mum has a legal degree).

Anyway, i then said will i get my deposit back as yesterday Danny said "oh it will be with you within 3 days" but i never got no physical evidence so i thought id ring up and ask.

Now, he said to me (Manager) "Your not getting your deposit back because we held the car for you"..Then i put my other phone on record....and this is what happened....

//

Check it out.

**MESSAGE YESTERDAY COPIED BELOW IN MY OTHER THREAD**

Hi,

New update.

As some people know, I had put a deposit on a type r in Evans Halshaw Doncaster.

I took a day off work today to go up in train to test drive it BEFORE I went for it which they tried to tell me to do.

Got there, looked fine. Advertised as 30,504 miles but it was on 31,500 when I got there. They said people have test driven it. Now I went on the test drive and the route is 1.3 miles. How many people have test driven it? Or maybe the manager has been using it. ( ran across a few of those).

Now, first I went with the rust on the doors. It was very visible . The metal had rusted to a point where the metal was just falling off the door. It was quite bad. However I said, its cool its got 5 years honda corrosion warranty I'll claim off. So now the drive.

I pull off from the dealers and I asked the bloke, how many people have test driven the car? He says quite a few. I said do you let them hit vtec on a cold engine? He said what's vtec :eek: ... anyway to myself I thought....yeah course people have.

Anyyway, engine warms, I hit vtec and all is good. I test the third gear. First time goes in, second time goes in. I think to myself ...result, now third time I heard a "cckkkrr" sound and felt like third gear had 2 gears within itself. I thought please please no don't let that be. Switch to second and into third and BAM it popped out. As me thinking it was in gear the engine just revved freely in no gear. My sister in the back was like "ohh what's that". So anyway, being put off we drive back into the court.

I say to the bloke the problems. He says to me oh so what do you want to do? I said will you fix it for me. He calls the manager , goes ahead and he says let's go out in it together. We go out he tests the car, revs to about 4k only into third and says to me.. doesn't happen does it mate? I say you have to hit vtec. He went to about 6.5 k and says oh nothing. I told him to my understanding from people on the forum it doesn't happen ALL the time. He tries it again but this time I noticed his hand push twice into third. I didn't tell him but he kept telling me... oh there's np fault.

By that time I thought...I'm walking away. We go back into the forecourt and he says ...there's no problem. He said it in a way of attitude and dis-belief, like I was wasting his time for holding the car off sale for 4 days. I said to him, I don't mind paying for the damage a little bit but you have to meet me more than halfway because I feel bad for you holding the car so give me something for it as I'm still interested. The door rust ill claim off Honda. The manager just walks away from me mumbling. I start getting annoyed (I'm very short tempered). My partner rings me and I say out loud "the manager walked off in a huff with me when I still want to buy the car".. all of a sudden him and another guy turn around saying oh your still interested? I say to him, yes, but you have to help me out with the syncro problem of 3rd gear. I pulled out a honda paperwork I obtained off ctro and showed him. Manager said "oh its your little NOTE you've got". I said its not a little "note" its a problem claiming what needs to be done. He says "mate you've wasted your journey here today and ours". I thought to myself...how rude!?!

I'm literally interested in the car. It has a problem and the managers are treating me like a complete k**b.

So I walked off. I asked for my money back, he walked off I could hear him saying under his breath "I can't f***in believe him" . I thought that was bad customer service.

But hats off the Danny in evans halshaw. He was really helpful and understanding and looked really ashamed of his manager when they were dealing with me.

The managers however...total disgrace. Worst attitude ever!!!!
Evans Halshaw Doncaster. (Renault).

Just thought I'd share my thoughts
What are your views on that?

Mike
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Total disgrace on there behalf, i'd have told them to shuv there car up there ****, there are plenty of cars out there to spend your hard earned cash on. Write a letter to HUK about your disgust with that dealership and hopefully the pr**k of a manager will get his backside kicked:mad:

·
!-!
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Total disgrace on there behalf, i'd have told them to shuv there car up there ****, there are plenty of cars out there to spend your hard earned cash on. Write a letter to HUK about your disgust with that dealership and hopefully the pr**k of a manager will get his backside kicked:mad:
Even if it was a Evans Halshaw Renault what could Honda UK do?

And im going to write to the MD or Evans Halshaw and send a copy of the conversation.
:)

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Even if it was a Evans Halshaw Renault what could Honda UK do?

And im going to write to the MD or Evans Halshaw and send a copy of the conversation.
:)
oops sorry i assumed it was a honda dealer, but yes do as you stated, hope you get a respone and keep us posted

·
Registered
36 Posts
OP, in case you are not aware, Evans Halshaw are part of one of the biggest UK Dealer Groups, Pendragon. Might be worth going straight to the top to get your deposit back/make a formal complaint if that is your desire.

As a publicly listed company, they will NOT like "Advertising" like this.

Good luck!

·
!-!
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OP, in case you are not aware, Evans Halshaw are part of one of the biggest UK Dealer Groups, Pendragon. Might be worth going straight to the top to get your deposit back/make a formal complaint if that is your desire.

As a publicly listed company, they will NOT like "Advertising" like this.

Good luck!
Thanks man. I will be writing a formal complaint and include the voice recorded telephone conversation in a CD with the package.

Good idea or not? (Sending CD)

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Thanks man. I will be writing a formal complaint and include the voice recorded telephone conversation in a CD with the package.

Good idea or not? (Sending CD)
yes i would mate, its showing that your serious and not happy so put the frighteners on them

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Isn't recording phone calls illegal, and notwithstanding in court without the other persons permission? It may be an idea to keep that up your sleeve for now.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
You don't need permission, I do them all the time at work. They will have a licence to do basic financial checks.
Not to sure about that if I'm honest. Surely at the deposit stage they wouldn't credit check etc. What if it turned out he was going to pay cash in the end. Then the credit check isn't required.

Quick note on the call recording. A deposit amount isn't legally refundable. However in this case as you high light lighted the issue to them it should really be refunded, as the deposit was against that car etc.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.