2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am considering purchasing the Eventuri Intake for my FK2, but have some queries regarding the intake which are below:

The V1 claims to 18-20bhp, the v2 claims 24-30bhp with the addition of the carbon tube and silicion hose. How many people are actually running the V2?

The Dyno on the eventuri site shows a peak of 356bhp, from a stock 326bhp. I thought the FK2 was 305bhp stock? Does this intake actually add 30bhp of power?

When washing the car how much of an issue is the fact that the cold air intake is exposed / easy for water to get in to. Do you have to be super careful when washing the car, ie pointing away from the scuttle?

Does the car need to be re-mapped, or is this just a bolt on part that the ECU will adjust for?

What power level is safe for the FK2 motor, why did honda not increase power from the factory if more power is so easily acheived?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I have the full V2 with carbon tube etc, the 30 odd bhp isn't peak figures it max gain at some point during the rev range. I'm not overly careful when washing in and around the scoop and never had an issue.

as regards to the power figures take them with a pinch of salt, my car made stock numbers with a cat back exhaust, intercooler and the eventuri, even after the remap I didn't hit those claimed figures. (it's no coincidence all numbers are high that go to dream automotive, happy dyno I'd say)

·
regrets his username
7,974 Posts
An owner over on TRO posted a vid on YouTube regarding gains from the eventuri on a different dyno and he was pretty disappointed in the results.
Price over gains wasn't worth it from memory

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the full V2 with carbon tube etc, the 30 odd bhp isn't peak figures it max gain at some point during the rev range. I'm not overly careful when washing in and around the scoop and never had an issue.

as regards to the power figures take them with a pinch of salt, my car made stock numbers with a cat back exhaust, intercooler and the eventuri, even after the remap I didn't hit those claimed figures. (it's no coincidence all numbers are high that go to dream automotive, happy dyno I'd say)
Thank you for the insight. would you say the full eventuri is worth it for circa £1000, aside from aesthetic benefits and sound, are there any other points worth considering?

An owner over on TRO posted a vid on YouTube regarding gains from the eventuri on a different dyno and he was pretty disappointed in the results.
Price over gains wasn't worth it from memory
Thanks, I searched over at TRO and could not find the thread, do you have any idea what sort of power he made with just the eventuri, do you think it is worth it?

·
regrets his username
7,974 Posts
You won't find it I'm afraid, he was having some sort of issues with the car and basically removed all videos and went AWOL, shame as I enjoyed watching his clips.
He purchased it 2nd hand with all mods already on the car, I'm not sure what issues he had but going by the sudden removal I'm guessing it could of been expensive

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I have the Eventuri V2 and the intake pipe and although i have never had the car dyno'ed the car feels stronger and boost has risen from 1.3/1.4 to 1.6/1.7. Picked it up second hand and will sell when the car goes so net cost will be very little hopefully.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Thank you for the insight. would you say the full eventuri is worth it for circa £1000, aside from aesthetic benefits and sound, are there any other points worth considering?

Thanks, I searched over at TRO and could not find the thread, do you have any idea what sort of power he made with just the eventuri, do you think it is worth it?
no its probably not worth it, I got mine quite early on so had to go by marketing figures. I do like it both sound and looks personally but the injen will probably give similar results and sound. unfortunately everything for this car seems on the pricey side and not much choice due to limited none worldwide run.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no its probably not worth it, I got mine quite early on so had to go by marketing figures. I do like it both sound and looks personally but the injen will probably give similar results and sound. unfortunately everything for this car seems on the pricey side and not much choice due to limited none worldwide run.
I do really like the general look / aesthetic of it. Is there much of a sound increase over stock? The only other intake I am looking at is the Gruppe M which looks great, but apparently is as quiet as the stock system.

·
regrets his username
7,974 Posts
I do really like the general look / aesthetic of it. Is there much of a sound increase over stock? The only other intake I am looking at is the Gruppe M which looks great, but apparently is as quiet as the stock system.
I have the GruppeM and it's louder than stock, I'd say it's about the same as the Eventuri,
My theory is that the stock intake sucks air from upper engine bay and the Eventuri sucks air on the cowling so both are more audible, the GruppeM sucks from the front so to the ear it sounds quieter,
You can clearly here mine whooshing over my Martelius exhaust which is loud enough to drown anything out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts