2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a sports cat fitted today, got it cheap in the summer and decided to have it put on. Exhaust man noticed a leak when he took the plastic floor off beneath the engine.

He said there'd be 'less than an eggcup' a year coming out, but there was still a leak, couldn't guess where from.

Any ideas? Is a 2011 motor out of warranty? 19k on the clock BTW, practically a sunday driving car.

:confused:

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
He could be wrong of course. But it may be the sump gasket.

Get a second opinion on next service mate and keep an eye on oil level in the mean time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose Honda would look for the fillings out of your teeth if you're out of warranty? I'll take it to another independent up the road.

·
What ya at
837 Posts
He could be wrong of course. But it may be the sump gasket.

Get a second opinion on next service mate and keep an eye on oil level in the mean time.
Ya i would get a second opinion there should not be any egg cups coming out of any where on the civic.:worms::p:p:p

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Had a sports cat fitted today, got it cheap in the summer and decided to have it put on. Exhaust man noticed a leak when he took the plastic floor off beneath the engine.

He said there'd be 'less than an eggcup' a year coming out, but there was still a leak, couldn't guess where from.

Any ideas? Is a 2011 motor out of warranty? 19k on the clock BTW, practically a sunday driving car.

:confused:

How much was the sports cat and where did you purchase it from? Would be thankful for a link as I've had a hard time looking for one for my type s. Also, how much was it?

In regards to your oil leak, never heard of one although I did have a water leak after an unexpected road bump but got sorted for 30 quid!

Sent from my Potato, the one and only.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts