2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this is it easy enough to use and does it really work and last?

Looking for a product that will make keeping my white alloys clean easier

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
I really depends on how much you want to spend and your level of protection
Do you want a product that cleans and protects on a weekly wash basis (Wolfs Nano/ Rim Shield
OR
A semi permanent product that you can forget about and just wash the wheels normally
Ive read good things about GTechnik C5
Gtechniq C5 Alloy Wheel Armour | FREE UK DELIVERY
I use a Ceramic Sealer from Japan from Matt at Magic Detailing
He may have another group buy in the pipeline:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/group-buys/70401-ceramic-coating-paintwork-wheels-plastics-glass.html

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
I really depends on how much you want to spend and your level of protection
Do you want a product that cleans and protects on a weekly wash basis (Wolfs Nano/ Rim Shield
OR
A semi permanent product that you can forget about and just wash the wheels normally
Ive read good things about GTechnik C5
Gtechniq C5 Alloy Wheel Armour | FREE UK DELIVERY
I use a Ceramic Sealer from Japan from Matt at Magic Detailing
He may have another group buy in the pipeline:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/group-buys/70401-ceramic-coating-paintwork-wheels-plastics-glass.html
Chris, are you impressed with the ceramic? easy cleaning after applying?

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Cant go wrong with Everbrite Wheel Guard mate....it works....period....and imho its better than ceramic...I have been looking after a Corsa VXR for around 7 months now that has had ceramic applied to paint and wheels but the wheels dont seem to clean as easy as the wheel guard protected ones....by the way the ceramic in question is the most expensive and technologically advanced on the market....now i am not saying ceramics are poor i just think there is a level that they will handle....by the way C5 is C1 so dont be confused that they are different products....

Back to Ceramic Coatings I am authorised by the manufacturer of the afore mentioned coating which is Williams F1 Ceramic and also Ceramishield....but I have just been approached by someone else who is massive in the market to be their regional authorised applicator but can i stand 3 of the similar product....why not....budget...mid range and extreme....could work....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im looking for a sealant that after its on the dirt will rinse off when I use the pressure washer is the everbrite wheel guard easy enough to use and will it last?

Cheers

·
I'm going fast again!
1,138 Posts
I was looking into buying the Poorboys Wheel Sealant. I've heard a few people recommend that as the best?

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Cant go wrong with Everbrite Wheel Guard mate....it works....period....and imho its better than ceramic...I have been looking after a Corsa VXR for around 7 months now that has had ceramic applied to paint and wheels but the wheels dont seem to clean as easy as the wheel guard protected ones....by the way the ceramic in question is the most expensive and technologically advanced on the market....now i am not saying ceramics are poor i just think there is a level that they will handle....by the way C5 is C1 so dont be confused that they are different products....

Back to Ceramic Coatings I am authorised by the manufacturer of the afore mentioned coating which is Williams F1 Ceramic and also Ceramishield....but I have just been approached by someone else who is massive in the market to be their regional authorised applicator but can i stand 3 of the similar product....why not....budget...mid range and extreme....could work....
You lost me there Russ :confused:

·
Helpee
126 Posts
Just bought some Wheel Guard for some refurbed wheels. Haven't had time to use it yet but I'm hoping it will keep them looking like new.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
These were done with everbrite wheel guard and later taken to have the discs skimmed using pro cut...the process is to skim with the discs still on the car but the numpties didnt cover the car and put the wheels underneath the sill....covering them in fresh hot skimmers....it took very little effort to remove the burnt on dust....

Application is a piece of cake as you just wipe it on and walk away....

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
What you have to remember fellas is that the ceramic becomes the upper most layer of the surface....whilst its main priority is to protect its also something that wont be shifted easily....on that note as long as the ceramic coating has been perfectly cleaned i shouldnt see why not but you never know....if the ceramic has a high content active ingredient then maybe but if it has a lot of carriers and surfactants then i would have thought it wouldnt stick....the carriers and surfactants are what is basically the self cleaning property of ceramics....some you cant even etch onto so i would say it would struggle with bonding if that is the case....

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
You guys worry too much. :p

The ceramic coating is fine. You don't need anything else over the top of it. The whole point of the ceramic is so that you don't need anything else for quite a while!

It has quite a high carrier content which is why it repels dirt and water so good - like a lotus leaf. So you will struggle putting anything over the top of it. I put Crystal Rock over the ceramic coating on that blue Civic I did, and tbh, that was more for aesthetics and to see what would happen. My observations are; the CR has bonded to it, car looks deeper in colour than with just the ceramic, but when compared to wheels coated with just the ceramic, the bodywork doesn't rinse clean, it still needs to be washed.

So putting anything over it may compromise the self cleaning properties, but ultimately you still have awesome protection underlying.

Hope this helps.
Matt.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.