2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lates Evo has just dropped through my letter box and the Civic Type-R is extensively reviewed but they were extremely diappointed with it awarding it only 3.5 stars as the chassis is poorly set-up.

So the Diesel when originally tested got 4 stars, the 1.8 S-Type 3.5 and the Type-R 3.5 stars... looks like I bought the right one.

Plus the new interior is horrid, red door trim??? I'm 28 and even I think it looks horrible.

It's more Type-Chav than Type R.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The lates Evo has just dropped through my letter box and the Civic Type-R is extensively reviewed but they were extremely diappointed with it awarding it only 3.5 stars as the chassis is poorly set-up.

So the Diesel when originally tested got 4 stars, the 1.8 S-Type 3.5 and the Type-R 3.5 stars... looks like I bought the right one.

Plus the new interior is horrid, red door trim??? I'm 28 and even I think it looks horrible.

It's more Type-Chav than Type R.
The interior is different though . . . and it's nice to have a choice of 'different' instead of 'bland' like so many other cars out there.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The standard interior is different enough for me IMHO the Type-R is a bit too 1980's. It looks like a 205GTi in there.

I wanted the Type-R to be good, but it seems like they've not tried hard enough.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The standard interior is different enough for me IMHO the Type-R is a bit too 1980's. It looks like a 205GTi in there.

I wanted the Type-R to be good, but it seems like they've not tried hard enough.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The type-r took quite a beating on the EVO magazine, they said it was far worse than the original type-r. It had lower testing times around the track than the original type-r. Weird! Even the Ford Focus ST beat it, it got 4 stars, the civic got 3,5 :/

·
Registered
197 Posts
Evo are very critical though, and they seem to love Renaults. They rate the 197 very highly - I took one for an hour hooning around back roads and walked away disappointed, much preferring the Focus ST and EP3 Civic Type R.

·
Registered
172 Posts
yeah i agree ^^^^

magazines can be biased toward different makes of car. I have heard that evo has a strong connection with renault and therefore that may 'sway' them to give it a good review and rating.

Im gonna say the real test is when it goes on topgear, they ALWAYS give thier honest opinions.

But still, i think you shouldnt buy a car jus on what other people think of it. Obviously thier opinions and views can be taken into consideration, but its down to the individual in the end and if they like the way the car looks/handles and performs.

Im gonna reserve judgement until my test drive later this month :)

·
King of the rodeo
4,831 Posts
Different people also have different needs and requirements, thats why some people think an S-MAX is a fantastic car, wheras I don't! Always test drive before you buy people!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Different people also have different needs and requirements, thats why some people think an S-MAX is a fantastic car, wheras I don't!
and explains how the Corsa ended up as car of the year...

Oh hang on - nope, even that isn't a good enough explanation for it winning :rolleyes: :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts