2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
to be honest im surpised how little difference there was!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
LSD = 3 seconds

And I have a quaife!

The Mugen is another three seconds faster again by adding 20% power and taking away 100kgs

It makes the diff look like the bargain of the century when you consider the cost to get the extra 3 seconds that the Mugen achieves over the CW CTR.

·
Wheel Man
169 Posts
I've got this issue in the house but (inexplicably) haven't read the article yet. I did see the lap times though.

Evo's a great mag but they don't seem keen on the standard Type R at all - three anf a half stars isn't that great a rating. I love my car and can't figure out where they're coming from on this. But in hard data, the LSD seems to make a massive difference on a track. But despite my love of bike track days, my car will never be driven on the track so does the LSD matter that much?

How much is it to get one fitted to a stock Type R out of interest?

Andy

·
Wheel Man
169 Posts
Aye, I saw the thread on the Mugen parts and I think it's about £1300...

Fair bit of dough. Do you notice it driving a car with an LSD?

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've got this issue in the house but (inexplicably) haven't read the article yet. I did see the lap times though.

Evo's a great mag but they don't seem keen on the standard Type R at all - three anf a half stars isn't that great a rating. I love my car and can't figure out where they're coming from on this. But in hard data, the LSD seems to make a massive difference on a track. But despite my love of bike track days, my car will never be driven on the track so does the LSD matter that much?

How much is it to get one fitted to a stock Type R out of interest?

Andy
dont think it matters at all not having an lsd if you are just doing fast road stuff. track mind you is different. same is also true of big brake kits imo. a cheap brake upgrade (pads, fluid and lines with OEM disks) is fine for fast road stuff. add some eibachs and FRS set up and you've cracked it - well on dry roads at least. on wet roads its a different story and an lsd would help but lets be honest, no one should be blatting it on wet roads.

i've not come across an ST yet nor VXR come to that whose out gunned me in my CTR (and i dont mean illegal street racing or breaking every speed limit in the land - just simple rolling road comparisons, cornering etc. against guys from work in their 2 STs and 1 VXR. Admittedly theirs are stock)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Evo's a great mag but they don't seem keen on the standard Type R at all - three and a half stars isn't that great a rating.
I love my car and can't figure out where they're coming from on this................. my car will never be driven on the track so does the LSD matter that much?...............
Andy
I suppose EVO having driven the FD2 Mugen RR,JDM CTR and now the FN2 Mugen RR the standard Type R in comparison,now appears a little lacking in performance.
It doesn't actually bother too much.I would lose $$$ if I were to traded in for a lsd model and it would be expensive to buy and fit a lsd.
I wouldn't mind installing a lsd in my car but I don't think it would really benefit me as I don't track my car.
It would however come in handy during some spirited driving:),although I will be installing the Hondata Flash Pro:D soon
and now that Honda has set the precedent for a lsd in a Type R I 'll probably wait until the next generation Civic.
Of course if Honda were to leave out the lsd in the next gen.Type R ,that would be a stupid move.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts