2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find that sometimes when first selecting this display it doesn't show the current state of the controls ?. You have to operate each control in turn to get the correct display. It seems to occur when Auto or Off have been used previously. Very quirky.

·
Registered
336 Posts
That is the way it is supposed to work.

When it is in auto / off you don;t get to see what the setting of each individual items are, as they are being controlled by the computer / car.

Only once you change a setting (i.e. take manual control of that item) does it's current status appear in the display.

Makes sense to me.

Ian

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parky,
Thanks, put like that it starts to make sense. My habit is to use Auto then press Off when switching off, mistakedly thinking that this cancels Auto. On restart, if say Fan is pressed, Auto retains control of everything else.

·
Registered
336 Posts
That's the problem - Off actually means - everything off, no fan, no air con, nothing.

When you are in Auto mode, if you change a setting (e.g. fan speed) then the system is still in Auto except for the fan speed. Anytime you change a setting manually then that is taken off Auto.

Only when the Auto text is illuminated is every thing on Auto.

Ian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts