2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

First post hello and all that :p

Took my first test drive in a civic yesterday, very impressed!

Just a few questions I forgot to ask the dealer though.

On the EX model you get the dvd sat nav as standard.

As the sat nav runs from a dvd-rom it must use a dvd-rom drive, therefore in theory you should be able to play dvd-movies on it... is this the case?

Also what happens when theres updates/new maps etc ? Do you have to buy a new dvd-rom if so how much will it cost and where from?

Thanks!!

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Hello and welcome!

The satnav doesn't play DVDs. Unfortunately. Don't know about updates though. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
The new disc has to come from your Honda dealer, they're released every autumn and they're expensive (£200+).

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I'm still awaiting one of Pottsy's infamous wiring diagrams to hack the DVD to play movies for the kids ;)

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Mod chip it like a gaming console! :lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Another newbie here - hi - with a 1.8 EX on order (that might be delivered tomorrow apparently!). While I'm waiting - is the sat-nav DVD drive separate from the HiFi CD player, or do have to choose either running sat nav or listening to a CD?

Thanks!

Rich

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cool - figured it ought to be that way for the money but you never know! ;)

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Welcome RiP!
50th member of this forum [smilie=coolup.gif]

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
RiP said:
Another newbie here - hi - with a 1.8 EX on order (that might be delivered tomorrow apparently!). While I'm waiting - is the sat-nav DVD drive separate from the HiFi CD player, or do have to choose either running sat nav or listening to a CD?

Thanks!

Rich
Welcome RiP, believe it or not, looking at the Audi A3 spec it is all one unti so either use SatNav or play cd?!?!?!?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts