2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping to be a delighted owner of a new Civic Automatic with Panoramic roof, sat Nav etc. but I really want this model in Galaxy Grey. My Dealer tells me that Logistics have said that they are not making the new 09 EX GT Auto in Galaxy Grey and we will have to have Polished Metal. Is this true or is the dealer just trying to get rid of existing stock?. Does anyone have any info on available colours? The Honda web site still lists Galaxy Grey for this model.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
If the colour is still available to choose then you should be able to get it.

Maybe what the dealer is saying is that they are not going to do a batch of Galaxy Greys EX GT Autos for a while...

Polished Metal is a nice colour - nicer than GG in my opinion. Its also new to the 09 model, so will help your car stand out just that little bit more.

P.s. Welcome to the Forum! :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
I am hoping to be a delighted owner of a new Civic Automatic with Panoramic roof, sat Nav etc. but I really want this model in Galaxy Grey. My Dealer tells me that Logistics have said that they are not making the new 09 EX GT Auto in Galaxy Grey and we will have to have Polished Metal. Is this true or is the dealer just trying to get rid of existing stock?. Does anyone have any info on available colours? The Honda web site still lists Galaxy Grey for this model.
Galaxy grey no available at the moment. will go into production June.

Neil Gibbons :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Joan will wait for a GG if necessary, its just that we are getting conflicting messages about whether or not it will actually be produced! So frustrating. I think that Polished Metal will be very much a second best for her.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,811 Posts
I agree, Galaxy, when the sun catches it right looks superb.

Plus, from personal experience, it's one of the more resilient of colours.

Plus, it's a fairly close match to the undercoat so any chips don't show that much.

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
Like I said when I was looking at brand new cars (I had considered a Fiat 500 due to being scared of the Civic!) if you're spending that much money, you want to have exactly what you like. No point forking out alot of money only for you to be thinking in a few months time 'if only it was Galaxy Grey'

I hope you'll get what you want, even if you have to wait a bit!

Neil.. I went for a test drive a few months back in a Civic at your place.. I wonder if it was you we saw there?!

Frankie.

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jay n Joan. Sounds like GG will be available but you will have a bit of a wait. If they only go into production in June probably til July :(

(I had considered a Fiat 500 due to being scared of the Civic!)
Frankie.
Lol did a big mean Type R growl at you ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. Seems like our quest for Galaxy Grey won't happen. we have got a couple of dealers to call Honda Logistics and they have said that Galaxy Grey for the EX GT will not happen. I wish I had a number to call Logistics myself just to get the info from the source.
Anyway we are also hanging on waiting for the Chancellor to announce the car scrappage deal so that Joan can trade in her 12 year old Rover 800 with 145,000 miles. Just imagine how diferent that is going to feel, from an old Rover 800 to a new EX GT!

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,811 Posts
I would hang on for more info on GG after May.

There are cars in stock that were made before the Swindon shutdown that I suspect that dealers are trying to shift.

Once production starts up again I can't see GG being abandoned as it's a popular colour and is more resilient than most to chips.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Like I said when I was looking at brand new cars (I had considered a Fiat 500 due to being scared of the Civic!) if you're spending that much money, you want to have exactly what you like. No point forking out alot of money only for you to be thinking in a few months time 'if only it was Galaxy Grey'

I hope you'll get what you want, even if you have to wait a bit!

Neil.. I went for a test drive a few months back in a Civic at your place.. I wonder if it was you we saw there?!

Frankie.
Hi Frankie

It would have been either me or a guy called Paul ??

Cheers

Neil :eek:

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Welcome to the madness

1 - 12 of 12 Posts