2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any 5 door new Si-Ts or EX GTs to be had in the country? I am looking to part ex my Type R GT Sat Nav and am hitting a brick wall - metaphorically speaking. Been quoted a reasonable trade in price for the Type R (59 plate with low mileage) but the sticking point is getting a 5 door Civic with a decent spec. Ideas anyone? :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I've been lookingofr a low mileage EX GT Type S on a 08 and they're like hens teeth.

Are plenty of non Type S / non GT's EX's around though.

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
EX GT Type S???? No such car, no wonder you cant find one.
I didn't want to say that.. in case I made a plonker of myself.. but I have the Type S GT.. and was starting to worry that there's a better Type S somewhere with EX extras... whatever they are!! :-D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've found a new EX GT diesel but also looking at Imprezas, Foresters and Octavia VRS. Type R is up for sale privately now!:p

·
Banned
176 Posts
An Impreza would be a distinct step-up in performance from your CTR - be sure you are ready for it!

A diesel Type S GT is a very able car, and would be my choice (in fact, it was!).

Foresters are capable, but lose money quickly ..... Octavia vRS is highly thought of (but looks like a Taxi !! and doesn't really go that well)

The Impreza WRX brand new are currently £14,995 ... to sell the last off - that is, to anyone, an absolute bargain and one not to be missed IMO

·
Registered
104 Posts
The EX GT 59 plate on has all the executive comforts (toys)

Type S is sporty looking S GT has the nav bluetooth

Type R has the fastest engine

You would be hard pressed to find a Type S or R with all the toys as it would of cost a fortune from the dealer.

Hope that helps

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
I have a question, when and why did they stop producing diesel 3 doors? I also notice they aren't doing the diesel engine in many 5 door trim levels either. Is this them running down production for the new car?
They aren't making new diesels anymore, so any they're selling is just excess stock.

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Do we know why this is? I'd have thought a diesel in the range to be essential.
The N22 engine doesn't meet new Eurocrat regulations. We're going to either end up with the DTEC or with something completely new, but whatever happens it won't come out until the next generation of Civic is unveiled for next year.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Do we know why this is? I'd have thought a diesel in the range to be essential.
the current cdti engine fell foul of the euro 5 regs that came in at the end of last year and we havent built any since around Nov 2010. anything being sold now is what is left and built prior to October 2010. There are about 30 diesels of various specs left at last checking.

There wont be a replacement diesel in the current civic as the new civic is due at the start of next year. Rumour has it that it will have the modded DTEC engine which complies with current regs and that at the tail end of 2012 we will be releasing a super low emmision, low capacity diesel across the range.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Despite my concerns on the sat nav on the t grade, I have to say htis fine, voice dubs over music fade and is perfect, you should not look at the sat nav anyway....?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts