2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,

I got a 56 Reg EX model and as I recently started going to new places am finding that I am using the Satnav a lot more these days.

I have had some very strange routings, like turning right onto a motorway when my road was actually going under it, taking 3 left turns and a detour of 3 miles to turn right and heading north off a roundabout to do a U-turn in half a mile and then return to the same roundabout to cross it southbound.

Not sure what version of the software that is (original disks that came with the car), but is there a way of fixing this? How much is a map update / software update and can the software be updated without the maps?

Cheers,
'Nash

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Your dealer should be able to give you a quote for new discs.

Any sat nav will sometimes give strange routings, but I have not had anything like what you are describing on the Honda.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I experienced something similar last year, while in the U.K. - told about which junction to take at the upcoming roundabout - that didn't exist ! ...

In fact, several times on the same stretch of main road - I think it's when roads are rebuilt, and the UK authorities are very sloppy about updating the actual road databases ...

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Best 1 I've had is, voice says at junction turn right, but the arrow on screen points left! Which to believe??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts