2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone here has an i-Shift EX?

My Local dealer has yet to see/sell one

Mal

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really just wanted confirmation that they existed and were not a mythical creature like a unicorn :) As my delivery time seems to be slipping further and further away :(

Mal

·
Registered
105 Posts
Got my EX i-shify yesterday. Still playing with it - flicking it in and out of Auto all the time cos there's too much choice!

·
Registered
47 Posts
i got very lucky, went into the showroom to order mine 2 weeks ago, was told itd be mid july or november with the glass roof. after a little time bugging the salesman, they had one coming in in my exact spec and picked it up 8 days after ordering it, lucky or what!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kan2 said:
i got very lucky, went into the showroom to order mine 2 weeks ago, was told itd be mid july or november with the glass roof. after a little time bugging the salesman, they had one coming in in my exact spec and picked it up 8 days after ordering it, lucky or what!
What spec did you go for?

I guess my 18" storms are going to slow mine down

·
Registered
47 Posts
to be fair i just got the base spec on, with nighthawk black paint. having the studio pack fitted by the dealer, no cheaper no more expensive, at least i got the car before changing the specs, and can change my mind to have it fitted or not. the dealer definately told me they could get me one on order in galaxy grey in mid july without the glass roof. id give them a call, maybe youre right about the wheels though, still worth checking up on. september sounds a bit far off

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Because I am getting mine as a company car I am held back at arms length by our fleet 'management' company. I will leave it a week and give them a kick

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Maldax said:
kan2 said:
What spec did you go for?

I guess my 18" storms are going to slow mine down

Shouldnt do tbh - they're a stock item usually.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Maldax said:
Because I am getting mine as a company car I am held back at arms length by our fleet 'management' company. I will leave it a week and give them a kick
see your problem, but im sure you could get it by end july or early august latest through my dealer. might be worth a call for bargaining tactics with yours if nothing else.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I got my car through a company called Provecta, they gave me a long delivery date and moved it back on 2 or 3 occasions. I popped into a local dealer to have a look at the red Civic in the showroom (I ordered mine without ever seeing a red one) and he reckoned I was being led a merry dance and offered to get one sooner for me, he tried and the dlivery he was quoted was over 4 months, mine was due in 6 weeks at that point. He was surprised at this delivery, apparantly when I saw him the next week, when looking at the car again, he had made enquiries and was told that Honda have guessed at the demand for certain colours and models, if you want something that they felt was not a favorite you were on long lead times. He could get me a Silver EX in 4 weeks, but 16 weeks for the standard colour - Milano Red, go figure.

·
Registered
47 Posts
richierich said:
I got my car through a company called Provecta, they gave me a long delivery date and moved it back on 2 or 3 occasions. I popped into a local dealer to have a look at the red Civic in the showroom (I ordered mine without ever seeing a red one) and he reckoned I was being led a merry dance and offered to get one sooner for me, he tried and the dlivery he was quoted was over 4 months, mine was due in 6 weeks at that point. He was surprised at this delivery, apparantly when I saw him the next week, when looking at the car again, he had made enquiries and was told that Honda have guessed at the demand for certain colours and models, if you want something that they felt was not a favorite you were on long lead times. He could get me a Silver EX in 4 weeks, but 16 weeks for the standard colour - Milano Red, go figure.
i can second that, was told the exact same thing, but i think the silver wouldnt be too much of a problem, sure a couple of weeks ago i was told mid july for blueish silver, grey and another colour i cant remember. august for all others and november for anything with a glass roof.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
richierich said:
Honda have guessed at the demand for certain colours and models
I would have thought that Galaxy Gray would be on the make lots list as it the colour in the brochure

The Race is on now between New Civic and MOT on Laguna running out :(

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Maldax said:
richierich said:
Honda have guessed at the demand for certain colours and models
I would have thought that Galaxy Gray would be on the make lots list as it the colour in the brochure

The Race is on now between New Civic and MOT on Laguna running out :(
It's cosmic grey in the brochure I have.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
basegreen said:
It's cosmic grey in the brochure I have.
Na I think thats Galaxy Gray ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bloody hope so! Or on top of everything else I have ordered the wrong colour ;-)

Just checked on the website and Galaxy Gray look the same as the brochure I have (Big white one) thank god!!!

Don't do these things to me! ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I have the "posh" 2 books in a box brochure, with the holographic dashboard view, and the fabric/rubberised pages.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
basegreen said:
I have the "posh" 2 books in a box brochure, with the holographic dashboard view, and the fabric/rubberised pages.
Ooooh get a load of you!! ;-)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts