2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1.8ivtec 2015 vehicle
The tyres fitted Bridgestone ER 300 Turanza 225/45 R17 91y which I find very noisy
I have researched various other tyres with a view to changing with the view of at least reducing some road noise ,but am unable to decide which tyre would be suitable

Can anyone recommend a suitable tyre ?

·
Registered
414 Posts
On my 8G I changed the Bridgestones for Goodyear EfficientGrip and they are much quieter (and just as good in wet and dry conditions). Can't think of a reason they wouldn't have the same impact on a 9G.

·
Administrator
18,066 Posts
What noise ratings are the ER's?

Goodyear Eagle F1's are well regarded and pretty quiet.

Dunlop Sportmaxx's are rated quiet. I may give them a try next?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I can recommend Goodyear Eagle F1's - had them on my last car and they were excellent.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
What noise ratings are the ER's?

Goodyear Eagle F1's are well regarded and pretty quiet.

Dunlop Sportmaxx's are rated quiet. I may give them a try next?
I'm running sport maxx rt and they are not quiet.....I went from Michelin PS3 to them and it was instantly noticeable from about 40 upwards. But you get use to it and the grip is amazing :) ill be getting some when I've burned these away

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just changed my front tyres from cheap Chinese death seekers infinity 05 they have a nose rating of 72 dB and changed them to Goodyear all seasons gen 2 the noise rating is 69 dB a lot quieter safer and better Tyres.
The rears are Goodyear f 1 eagles

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,066 Posts
I'm running sport maxx rt and they are not quiet.....I went from Michelin PS3 to them and it was instantly noticeable from about 40 upwards...
That's odd as the Michelin PS3 are rated at 71dB and the SportMaxx at 67dB.

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
The tyres fitted Bridgestone ER 300 Turanza 225/45 R17 91y which I find very noisy

I had those tyres on my 9G and couldn't believe how noisy they were, I actually binned them with 5mm of tread left as they were just taking the enjoyment out of the car.

I fitted a set of Eagle f1s and they made a huge difference, really happy with them. Hankook V12 Evo is another quiet tyre, had those on my 8G with no problems.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I've had mine since June. Got them with 5 mm all round now down to 3 mm front and 4 mm rear so I've swapped them over. Depends how you drive....
As for the noise Farqui, I did go from 225 45 17 to 245 40 18....that could have made a difference to how it sounds ? Not sure

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Another recommendation...

I have researched various other tyres with a view to changing with the view of at least reducing some road noise ,but am unable to decide which tyre would be suitable

Here...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Logician -- Thank you for responding but your link "here" did not open up ,would you please supply the link again

·
Registered
1 Posts
205/55/17 tyres

Do they fit my 1.8 sport 2007 and on original alloy wheels?
Diameter increases only about 20mm,(3%).
Hope that they are less noisy and more comfortable than original 225/45/17.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts