2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well after 5 fantastic months of my CTR , i have done a deal to "swap" it for a Accord EX 2.2 cdti.
There are a few reasons i have done this, fuel costs, passengers complaining about the very firm ride,,unwanted attention at times, build qualiity,no spare tyre,
i have 3 kids & at times it wasnt very practical to use (only having 2 rear seats lol)
I told my wife if she could find a car that had the same kit as the CTR GT with sat nav & HFT & wasnt going to cost any more £££ i might consider it
Anyway she found a november 2006 accord EX model, with the same kit as the CTR plus full leather, heated seats & touch screen SAT NAV which is cool. 6 cd changer in the dash
the car was serviced , we said no deal unless we got brand new mats & we got cash back & they transfered the service plan to the accord,
I also put the newer dvd sat nav in the accord , but the older one wouldnt work in the CTR (oops)

I took the red CTR mats & bracket out & if anyone wants to buy them i will sell them or they will be on ebay next week.
I will still come on here to see what is going on , the civic is a great looking car but i think honda did build the car in a hurry,
i will stick with Honda for my next car , maybe a 2009/2010 civic

BTW if anyone wants to buy my CTR it is at Arnold Clark , Manchester , but probably not for long

·
Registered
188 Posts
Did you know that the Accord is due to be replaced next year ? Could instantly heavil depreciate your car.

My brother has an Accord, 53 reg, 2.0L sport it's a very comfortable cruiser and great looking car. Lots of space too and a vast boot. Only problem is the soft paint.

Hope you are happy with the repalcement I'm sure you won't be disapointed.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Advertise the mats in the "for sale and wanted section" for a week. I'm sure you'll sell them. How much do you want for them anyway? Just being nosey!!!;)

And continuing to be nosey!! How much did you end up getting for a 5 month old CTR in terms of what the Accord would have cost and the cash you got back.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Probably a good decision considering kids - but depreciation will be quite substancial when the new model arrives. I was offered a swap for the Accord over the problems with my current Civic 5dr, but frankly I didn't like the ride too much (nothing really wrong but against the Civic it felt dull somehow) - maybe that's just me...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my wife didnt really like the ride in the 2006 civic SE i had , plus the interior trim had started to wear on the door,the seats & centre armrest & the car was only 9 months old when i got the CTR otherwise i would have looked at swapping for a 2.2 civic

as for the Accord, screen price was about 17k
i got them to put a spoiler on it £200
luxury accord mats £60
12 months road tax £115
full service £165
3/4 tank fuel £45.00
cash back £500

my wife checked with a few dealers & felt that this was the best deal on offer , plus i had already paid 2 years serving for the CTR

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Advertise the mats in the "for sale and wanted section" for a week. I'm sure you'll sell them. How much do you want for them anyway? Just being nosey!!!;)

And continuing to be nosey!! How much did you end up getting for a 5 month old CTR in terms of what the Accord would have cost and the cash you got back.
i think the mats are worth £30 plus postage costs approx £10.00
the drivers one is worn a little , but the other 3 are mint

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
The Accord has always been Honda's best car. You can't go wrong with one.

I'd have been interested in next year's new model if I'd thought it was going to be smaller than the current model. Or if that stunning, smaller, coupe version was going to be made available.

But even though it will be Japanese built, buyers might still be wise to hold off for a year. (Imagine saying that about a Honda before the current Civic! Shows how dangerous to reputation these slip-ups can be.)

I'll wait to see what the Civic MMC is like. But I'm still not totally convinced about buying that, either.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Im waiting for the new Accord as well. I love the fact they have gone for a big bruiser of a vehicle and it looks stunning. Just waiting for some interior shots.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Pity, the fuel cost are kinda crazy now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts