2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I currently have a 2.2 CTDI EX, love this car but it is a 2007 model and I would like a newer Civic, the models have all changed but here is my tick list

Automatic
As fast as my current Civic (0-62 in 8.4S)
Petrol or diesel
Sat nav
Bluetooth phone etc

Which current Civic model ticks my boxes please?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Best to for the 1.6dtec ex or a pre reg 2.2 ex or ex gt as the petrol doesn't have the pulling grunt low down compared to the oil burner plus ull be use to the 2.2 and be a difference if you and to the 1.8

The ex comes with

Leather seats
Auto lights
Dual climate control
Sat nav if you go for a MY13 DaB radio

EX GT would come with
17 wheel
Keyless entry
Start button
Bi Xeon lights
Dim rear view mirror
Glass roof

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
The 2.2 IDTEC is a cracking engine when you consider the figures. Good power (150PS), 0-60 time of 8.5 sec and CO2 emissions of just 110g/km. Economy also seems to be excellent at around 60MPG.

As Gp_kho says, you'll need to get an ES-T, EX or EX-GT for the spec you're after.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Forgot to say, there's no automatic on the diesel engines. You'd need to go for the 1.8 petrol if the automatic gearbox is a must.

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Thanks for the reply Gp_Kho, what is pre reg please?
Pre registered car 6 months old good discount on thoses one usually as they are 6months old and have only delivery miles on the clock only thing would be choice of colour

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,264 Posts
You'll be needing what I opted for - 1.8 Auto

Next choice is what trim level. I went for the EX because of the HFT limitations of the SD SatNav.

·
Registered
473 Posts
cant understand the desire for 17" wheels myself. Knackers the ride quality of any "standard" sized hatchback

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
You can call me a sucker if you want but the 17 inch look so much better in my opinion. But you have absolutely right about that there noisier on rough roads and is absolutely not needed on a small hatch in reality.

·
Registered
616 Posts
If I get a new set it will be 18 because of the balance of looks and performance.
Don't care at all about some bump massage as the older folks that rides with me 1% of the time :)

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Just ordered my new Civic. 5 weeks and definitely counting. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts