2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Made in Japan
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday me and the fiance managed to get a day out at Whatcar studios who held an exclusive event to allow us to review the new sleek looking Honda Civic Tourer in its full production form which isn't for sale until next year! :D

I really wanted to take some photos of the Civic Tourer but they were pretty strict and didn't let us take any shots as Honda do not want anyone to see the car until they officially unveil it to the press sometime soon. So I just took a few pics of around the Whatcar studios ;) ...

Where we got to see the Civic Tourer:

Meeting room:

My 8th Gen next to 9th Gen:

Image of the Tourer concept:

I must say the car itself looked the business and the cabin is much much more well built than the 8th gen. It wins over its rivals in terms of practicality as well because of the enormous boot space and spacious rear seats! I had to ask the woman from Honda PR if they were going to release a type r version of the tourer similar to what Ford have done with their Focus ST but at the moment it just looks like a sportier model will be released further down the line.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,264 Posts
Urban Titanium is a strange colour. It looks brown from a distance but grey close up.

·
Registered
616 Posts
It all comes down to price and specs imo.
Does have alot of competition from other brands now when it's a tourer..

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've read there not putting the 2.2 diesel in the tourer because it doesn't pass Euro 6 emissions, so will there be a more powerful 1.6 diesel or a new version of the 2.2 size?

·
Registered
106 Posts
That looks better than the current 9g hatchback.

Agreed, but photo's can lie, wait to see what it looks like in the flesh, could also be a turd

·
Registered
469 Posts
Cool! Is the front of the Tourer the same as the normal 9th gen? Is the interior the same?

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
First good look at the Civic TOURER

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's ugly and seems too tall. Disappointing after the concept...

Said it would be a turd. Honda need to sort their car designs out. the only good looking one now is the Acura NSX.:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
It's ugly and seems too tall. Disappointing after the concept...
Yeah it definitely not as sleek looking. - bonnet grill definitely altered though.

Can't put my finger on it but there have been some subtle changes, maybe the concept version will be an R given the + feedback?

I'm surprised no-one mentioned the rear hatch as the split has now gone.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,264 Posts
Looks OK to me.

As usual I bet the photos don't do it justice.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Silver accents now on the air vents inside and leather effect on centre console knee rest.

Extra detail on bottom left of imid

Front grill/bumper the same (just all black now)

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,264 Posts
Oh yes, didn't spot the silver air vent outline. Don't like that, prefer the black.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts