2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
What ya at
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having issues retracting this blind, most of the time it won’t retract. I will fire it out in the middle of the field, useless.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
For me it is permanently extended. Only on very rare occasions when I am carrying something large in the boot will I have any need to retract it.
Having said that I had one of these very rare occasions the other week....and similar to what you said it did seem rather sluggish to retract.
What bothers me more about the boot is the lack of hooks on the sides that you can use to secure plastic shopping bags to stop them falling over. I believe this is mainly a Ford feature and a very handy one at that.....you certainly miss it when you have been used to it then suddenly don't have it.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Don't know if it helps if you pull it out slightly more. Some of those self retracting things have to be pulled out a bit more before they retract nicely.

Don't have my 10G yet, so can't try it out myself.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
I just leave mine installed - seems fine.
I 'had a little play' a few weeks ago - keen to see how it retracts and how you can rotate 180 degrees - no problem.
I'd give Honda a ring - remind it's still new .... etc., .... and see what they say.

Perhaps there's 'been a faulty batch' or something and, considering it's not a major expense, they'll simply replace under warranty ...

Al.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
I just leave mine installed - seems fine.
I 'had a little play' a few weeks ago - keen to see how it retracts and how you can rotate 180 degrees - no problem.
I'd give Honda a ring - remind it's still new .... etc., .... and see what they say.

Perhaps there's 'been a faulty batch' or something and, considering it's not a major expense, they'll simply replace under warranty ...

Al.
best thing ever the retractable shelf imo. Never have to leave the shelf at home\forward plan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts