2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be looking to have my clutch replaced in the not too distant future and the guy who will do it has recommended I get the oem clutch kit. I have seen quite a few posts where people have bought the Exedy clutch kit. I have seen a brand new one local to me for a good price. Any experience or advice on whether to go oem as suggested or get the Exedy?

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
My Exedy is OK but I'd spend that little bit more and just get OEM Honda.

Few Exedy fakes knocking about and you're better getting an OEM release bearing either way which makes it even closer to OEM price in the end.

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best oem price I've found is £158

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
I've got the Exedy Clutch and OEM release bearing (10k so far no issues)... I got it from Grinspeed as there were a few fakes floating around at the time. so if you are buying from a reputable guy then go for it. if not prob OEM might be better.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Other than the bearing they're a solid piece of kit. I don't launch hard but it gets abused often, two track days so far, 30k miles and pushing over the rated torque going through it and not a peep out of it other than the slight bearing rattle on idle.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
I've had 3 clutches done at grinspeed now. Always been exedy.
What's the deal with the Honda release bearings? I'm pretty sure Stevie has fitted the one that comes with the exedy kits.
On my last 2 ep3 ones, the clip on the bearing has snapped off and made a mess inside the housing. The first one piercing a bloody big hole in the box! I just thought it was down to bad luck or from when I had a minor bump and it bent a wishbone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts