2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I currently run a milltek cat back.
Can't decide which will be better to do with it,
Do I get a decat manifold ei a tegiwa or martilieus or even a sports cat or change the whole lot ?
I'm looking for better gains obviously but also want something silly loud too as I often get drowned out by other cars specially the ep3s around that are ridiculous louder lol.
Any help please :)
Haven't got silly money to spend either ATM lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
So I currently run a milltek cat back.
Can't decide which will be better to do with it,
Do I get a decat manifold ei a tegiwa or martilieus or even a sports cat or change the whole lot ?
Nothing wrong with Milltek, I'd keep that and pair it with a Tegiwa manifold then get it remapped. Wouldn't drive it around without a proper tune but some do with group n. Wouldn't go sports cat manifold route (mart / solid fabs etc) as the mid range gains are nowhere near as good but that's just my opinion.

HSK, decat, teg header, milltek is similat to where I'm at, I lost some due to my sports cat but you should be looking 220-230 with a huge bump in mid range torque. Excellent mod, with a milltek it's loud but not too bad at all :)

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool was thinking more decat an mainly the teg mani.
I have the hks already with the group n map so hopefully the decat teg will add that extra bit I'm after.
I'm already 215 bhp without a map also didn't have the group n map when it got dynoed

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
Cool was thinking more decat an mainly the teg mani.
I have the hks already with the group n map so hopefully the decat teg will add that extra bit I'm after.
I'm already 215 bhp without a map also didn't have the group n map when it got dynoed
Yeah the mani will add a bit but it's main job is giving that extra bhp & torque all over the rev range. Car feels smoother so straight line can feel slower but it definetly isn't, round corners that mid range bump is addictive.

With my cat on the car feels a little bloated until 5k revs, decatted it runs lovely :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah the mani will add a bit but it's main job is giving that extra bhp & torque all over the rev range. Car feels smoother so straight line can feel slower but it definetly isn't, round corners that mid range bump is addictive.

With my cat on the car feels a little bloated until 5k revs, decatted it runs lovely :)
I recently got tegi manifold, exhaust on along with a 400cell cat.. Didn't relize it made such a diffrence? I never got a chance to try decat. Maybe I should?

Also if you don't want something really loud, don't go for martelius. ITS LOUD even with oem manifold + cat.

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
for pure gains a decat manifold like the tegiwa and a 3inch catback is what you want, there is nothing wrong with the milltek exhaust but a good 3 inch system will give more power but you must as yourself is the extra cost worth the 5-10bhp.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man so far so good then lol
Which bit do you bolt the wire too that's on the throttle body ?

·
Enjoying life
8,531 Posts
Use the existing bolt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts