2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering buying CPL manifold and probably milltek exhaust but i spent a lot of money on car audio already, so here comes the problem :(

I know manifolds without cat are very loud, i use my car for journeys and i really like to listen to a lot of music, now if i install manifold like CPL one will it completly jam the audio ? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
No it wont....I have CPL Manifold & Milltek and the radio can be easily heard and I'm on the standard stereo.

The CPL manifold really did make it feel good in the midrange. :)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
If you try this combination (CPL manifold + Milltek) you wouldn't switch ON your audio again :D LOL

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i heard the Toda + Milltek combo and i must say it was horribly loud (didnt like it) and im not sure about CPL, i know it will sound like beast but im afraid it might be too much :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
mate i have toda manifold with toda exhaust and is loud when you push hard gas pedal.
I used my car as family car and drove with my baby on that setup for two years without problems for her ears

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know who's combination you heard :D :popcorn2:
hahah :p

yea well toda is too much for me deffinately, thats why i asked about CPL :rolleyes: i now many poeple like loud cars like subaru's and evo's etc but thats not for my poor ears :)

·
Premium Member
577 Posts

yea well toda is too much for me deffinately, thats why i asked about CPL :rolleyes: i now many poeple like loud cars like subaru's and evo's etc but thats not for my poor ears :)
If you are traveling with the car that's obvious, but Toda + Milltek does not make a good sound. Milltek alone is a great sound, but together with Toda manifold it sounds horrible... I don't like this sound that's why you will get my Milltek exhaust :) and I'm switching back to Toda exhaust.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know i know :D

BUt still we went a bit offtopic couse im mainly interested in CPL one, still not encourged if its a good idea if im more into music than engine roar :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Im considering buying CPL manifold and probably milltek exhaust but i spent a lot of money on car audio already, so here comes the problem :(

I know manifolds without cat are very loud, i use my car for journeys and i really like to listen to a lot of music, now if i install manifold like CPL one will it completly jam the audio ? :confused:

Yes, it will
decrease the audio experience to a certain extent... Ive got some nice speakers and a pioneer double din (dynamat, etc. coming soon), and like you I like to listen to a lot of music when driving. Listening to nice clear music while driving along was definitely more enjoyable before I installed my Milltek. Now I usually have to play the music louder to hear it well (which is annoying sometimes). The milltek does however sound awesome...

A race manifold with the standard exhaust is not loud from what Ive read though.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts

If I was you I would wait out for the tegiwa manifold results. As it stands it looks like it may produce very simliar gains to the toda only for less money.

TDi North are currently waiting for a revised version for testing IIRC and they will test it and get the results up on here as soon as they have any.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
If I was you I would wait out for the tegiwa manifold results. As it stands it looks like it may produce very simliar gains to the toda only for less money.

TDi North are currently waiting for a revised version for testing IIRC and they will test it and get the results up on here as soon as they have any.
If that Tegiwa manifold is anything near the TODA I will eat my hat

1 - 16 of 16 Posts