2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I took my honda for a service so they can investigate a smell of diesel in the car. It was the dreaded exhaust manifold...

I spoke to honda uk who informed me that as there was a service missing (lockdown) and it was outside of the extended warranty they wouldnt help at all.

Honda themselves wanted nearly £1700 to repair it also.

How much is a reasonable price to get this repaired by an independent garage?

I pretty handy but from all the information on here it seems unwise to try and fix myself.

Has anyone experienced hondas customer service like this before?

Im planning to speak to the motoring ombudsman because you cant set a time limit when your selling cars with faulty components. This car has been a headache from the moment I picked it up. I heard such good things about honda aswell.

Any advise is welcome.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I sourced a used cast part from a breakers for about 60 quid and paid a garage 360 quid labour to fit .

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hi,

I took my honda for a service so they can investigate a smell of diesel in the car. It was the dreaded exhaust manifold...

I spoke to honda uk who informed me that as there was a service missing (lockdown) and it was outside of the extended warranty they wouldnt help at all.

Honda themselves wanted nearly £1700 to repair it also.

How much is a reasonable price to get this repaired by an independent garage?

I pretty handy but from all the information on here it seems unwise to try and fix myself.

Has anyone experienced hondas customer service like this before?

Im planning to speak to the motoring ombudsman because you cant set a time limit when your selling cars with faulty components. This car has been a headache from the moment I picked it up. I heard such good things about honda aswell.

Any advise is welcome.
You can purchase a second hand manifold and have it fitted from any local trusted garage for a reasonable price, I have a fn2 type r but I'm sure I've seen a post regarding a common fault with the diesel manifold cracking!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses!

Ive heard people have had good experiences using replacement manifolds bought from ebay, I have a local garage I am going to try on Monday so ill post an update soon.

Cheers
Scott

·
Super Moderator
5,643 Posts
if you bought it from the dealer you have a limited time for a fault to be regarded as there when you purchased the vehicle
assuming your bought it more than 30 days ago: https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/how-to-reject-a-car-your-consumer-rights/#your-rights-30-days-6-months

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Guys

Just a quick update.
Spoke to a garage who say they can fit the part for 390 including vat so I am just trying to find the correct part and get it booked in.

Has anyone got a link to a place with a reliable replacement? I tried a local scrappys and no luck :(

Thanks

·
Heading for the naughty step
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
3,108 Posts
Yeah, I thought I had some body this way to do the repairs but it seems they have disbanded and one man band he just carry out easy maintenance now for folks now. They was big into tuning their civics but seems some have moved on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.