2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this summer me and my gf went on a roadtrip during our holiday. After popping into a gas station and walking back to my car, I noticed something hanging down underneath it. At the moment it looked like the rubber mount for the exhaust near right before the backbox had sheared off. I didn't have time to check it out more at that moment, as we where heading home.

Today I took a closer look, and it's the metal mount itself that has come loose at the weld and was just dangling from the rubber mount. Now I tried to shake the exhaust to see if it banged in to something, but it sat quite firmly even without that mount. My question is, how big of a deal is this, and is this something I need to get fixed? Will it be a problem at the MOT?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the Norway MOT, I guess you'd need someone from over there to advise....

Does the exhaust bang or knock now?
Thats true, didn't think about that:) No there is no knocking or banging when driving, or when i shake the exhaust by hand. I was quite forceful when doing so as well, just to test. My main concern is that with that mount gone, it may cause stress on the joints that is directly where the mount was.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
if the exhaust is in good order just get it wielded back in place

it would be a 10 minute job for somebody who knows what there doing once the car is up in the air

i would say it's there for a reason, best to be there than not

1 - 4 of 4 Posts