2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
mine does this, but seems to be only when the weather is cold or wet.

I might just replace it with a Milltek or something instead :lol: any excuse

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Shouldnt need to.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

+1
i didn't need to: bent the tips a little and put something in between the bushes (two feltpen plastic caps...! lol)
I must just be **** then lol.

I can barely see the hanger laid flat on the floor, let alone have enough strength and a good enough position to put something in between it.

What am I doing wrong? How did you guys do it?

Sent from my HTC One X

·
New Era
257 Posts
what i did was taking a couple of pictures of the spot (idk if i still have them) to have an idea of what i was fighting against

then I put my hands inside to feel it's shape... (I know that sounds ambiguous... :p purposedly, so)

then, standing on your knees, next to the rear wheel, you grab the pipe, pull it down from the inside of the rear arch and from the exhaust tip (using a mop or sthg long that fits in the pipe, to get more leverage)
then you put something hard between the two metal parts causing the rattle (the exhaust tip and the bumper trim) ... to keep them further apart, spreading the bush (again, ambiguous, I know...:p )

finally you put something in the middle of the bush...

so if you got it right, you'll have cured the exhaust rattle of your car, otherwise, in 9 months time you may have an enlarged family!
either way, it's an improvement .. a happy ending

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
what i did was taking a couple of pictures of the spot (idk if i still have them) to have an idea of what i was fighting against

then I put my hands inside to feel it's shape... (I know that sounds ambiguous... :p purposedly, so)

then, standing on your knees, next to the rear wheel, you grab the pipe, pull it down from the inside of the rear arch and from the exhaust tip (using a mop or sthg long that fits in the pipe, to get more leverage)
then you put something hard between the two metal parts causing the rattle (the exhaust tip and the bumper trim) ... to keep them further apart, spreading the bush (again, ambiguous, I know...:p )

finally you put something in the middle of the bush...

so if you got it right, you'll have cured the exhaust rattle of your car, otherwise, in 9 months time you may have an enlarged family!
either way, it's an improvement .. a happy ending
Thought I was reading fifty shades of grey at first. :)

So, what did you ram in the middle of the hole? lol

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Mine turned out to be a missing hanger all together :facepalm:

It failed the MOT due to this and something else, rectified with a new hanger and it sorted the problem.

Still got the Milltek though :lol:

·
New Era
257 Posts
Thought I was reading fifty shades of grey at first. :)

So, what did you ram in the middle of the hole? lol
believe it or not... two feltpen caps, made of thick plastic
dimensions 1.5cm x 5cm (diameter x length... OF THE FELTPEN CAP, just to be clear on this one! )

I thought about just removing the rear wheel to gain access? Would make life alot easier
you can do that as well, but i'd rather not pull down with force the exhaust, with the car on a stand and me underneath... you never know.. :(
i just got a little dirty, no scratches, knuckles fine.. all good... :p
just be careful with the edges of the metal parts (exhaust and trim) as they are rather sharp

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
I thought about just removing the rear wheel to gain access? Would make life alot easier
Just had a play around, couldn't get in to the exhaust hanger, going to have to study this further lol.

Taking the wheel off won't really help I don't think, as the hanger is past the wheel, just near the splitter, unless I took the arch trim off, which is more hassle.

I'm tempted to just hacksaw off a couple of inch, the only problem being I don't know how high the cut tailpipes will sit, and whether they will be blocked.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
just jack up the car in that corner- go underneath and fix it up.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
I bought powerflex...still rattles. Trimmed exhaust triangles...still rattles. Next step cut exhaust tips 2inch

1 - 20 of 20 Posts