2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know how to remove the silver exhaust triangle tips? To clean and in my case chop down a bit as it's catching the rear tailpipe
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Alright Mate, I removed on my Type R as wanted to re paint them, anyway go underneath rear bumper , spray some wd40 over the rear nuts that hold the triangles on place and leave for a while, as all the road salt etc makes them rust on a bit solid, anyway say nx day you should be able to get a 10mm socket on them and hopefully free up, thinks there's just 2 each side then they slide over the tailpipes at an angle and you can get them off, then you can cut , trim , spray do what ya please mate ! Hope this helps !

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the reply pal I'll try that first thing.. had a stainless silencer put back on my type r as it was too loud but ever since they've done that it's rattling against the triangle.. I might polish them up when there off too

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
No worries mate, I had custom race exhaust fitted to mine , so I needed to remove the rear of the triangles , once they were off the car I just got the angle grinder and removed that surround that comes out of the rear of the triangle , it's there to direct the gasses out the rear, anyway I needed more room so I removed it , I actually sprayed mine first with BBQ paint but this lasted only days , app I have a lot of heat out back and the odd flame , hence they were all bubbled and cracked looked like they'd been on fire LOL ,got them powder coated and been fine since Mate !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi does anyone know how to remove the silver exhaust triangle tips? To clean and in my case chop down a bit as it's catching the rear tailpipe
Thanks in advance

Hi,

As OsakaJ said it is 2 bolts either side which are accessed from behind the bumper. The picture below gives you some idea how they are fixed.

Good luck mate!:smile3:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts