2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these on ebay 2X-6000K-Xenon-White-H7-LED-Headlight-Kit-High-Low-Beam-CREE-2-Headlamp-2-CANBUS

Does anyone have experience of LED headlights? They supposedly throw out 2400lm each which I take to be fairly high (I imagine there may be a little exaggeration there) & does anyone know where they would stand in relation to legality/MOT regs and fairly importantly too, would they actually fit?

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Those are crap units, they will burn out in very little time.
Look at the size of the die and the heatsink.

Go with a company that you can deal with warranty wise
Horizon LEDs | LED Fog Bulbs | Buy Car LED Bulbs offer some good units and they now have some that do not need a fan and you can tell the difference between build quality when you see them.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
I cant possibly see how that light source will give a proper beam pattern in reflector housings. Only in projectors would the beam pattern be MOT acceptable as the cutoff produces the pattern and not the angle of reflection.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I cant possibly see how that light source will give a proper beam pattern in reflector housings. Only in projectors would the beam pattern be MOT acceptable as the cutoff produces the pattern and not the angle of reflection.
This. The beam pattern from those LEDs would be all over the place in the standard headlight housings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts