2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trashing my Type R for the past five days (30 minutes per day) on the open road. It's not a track, its an open but almost closed road, so basically, I am pushing my car to the limits. After 2-3 days, I have noticed that by the end, when the car is warmed up, I would have problems with the clutch/gearbox and the brakes.
This clutch/gearbox issue doesn't allow me to change gears. I would push the clutch, and try to change it to the next gear, it wouldn't allow me. Then, I would try a higher gear (such as 5th or 6th), I still wouldn't be able to. While in neutral, I would release the clutch, push it again, and it still wouldn't allow me. I would just wait for 15-20 seconds, let it roll for a bit, then I would be able to enter a gear. I am not sure what it might be, I will go change the gearbox oil, as I think this might be the cause of the problems. The same applies for the breaks - when it is warmed up, breaks are not working properly. The breaking power is way lower than before and the breaking path is much longer. Again, I will change the brake oil, even though this might be just a case of overheating. Still, the gearbox issue troubles me more.
Any opinions?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would change brake fluid and clutch one as well, in many cars clutch and brakes use same type of fluid which is prone to absorb water. Brake fluid as far as I'm aware should be changed every 2 years.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts