2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I seek the advice of experts please?
I've fitted a set of steelies/winter tyres but whereas the rear wheels have centre hub caps, the axle nuts are exposed on front wheels. Is this OK or should protective caps be fitted. If caps need to be fitted does anyone know where I can get them?

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Can I seek the advice of experts please?
I've fitted a set of steelies/winter tyres but whereas the rear wheels have centre hub caps, the axle nuts are exposed on front wheels. Is this OK or should protective caps be fitted. If caps need to be fitted does anyone know where I can get them?
Assume you have OEM steelies

Axle caps are to protect from corrosion - so better to have them

Dealer shouldn't charge much, and there is of course eBay

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
loads of jdm wheels come without caps it wouldnt worry me and in fact isnt ;-)
Which is why I said better, not necessary

My Dad (ex army driver) always said that the worse thing you could do, was to leave exposed nuts / threads, as they would inevitably sieze up, so he would grease and cover all such running gear locations

I did notice that when I had the drop links changed few weeks ago, a 4' torque wrench failed to budge the fixings - the garage had to use a cutting torch, and then fit new fixings (which I told them to grease and protect)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.