2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Exspensive shopping trip!! better pictures added

In the 8 years since ive passed my test i never even scratched one of my cars, that all changed last night after hitting a bollard in a supermarket. was only travelling at 2 mph.

the door can be repaired but the quarter panel needs replacing as its creased in the door shut and in the sill :facepalm:

Attachments

·
Living the dream!
8,542 Posts
Quarter panel will be repaired no problem and if its a good body shop you wont even notice it has been done, my guess is around £400 for a decent job.

Sorry to read this but it could have been worse ;)

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quarter panel will be repaired no problem and if its a good body shop you wont even notice it has been done, my guess is around £400 for a decent job.

Sorry to read this but it could have been worse ;)
My mates a panel beater so he had a quick look round it and said it needs a new quarter because of the way it's creased behind the skirt and in the door shut.

Wish it was only £400 but our body shops charge a fortune, a bonnet respray is £650, all body repairs are mega expensive :mad:

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I feel for you, a few weeks ago I hit the back of an Audi TT at about 3mph (he slammed on after setting off at a roundabout) - anyway it cost me £350 to fix my car and another £300 to fix his. Insurance was useless as I didn't protect my no claims!

Fortunately a friend of a friend owns a body shop so I saved on the VAT and got a good deal.. Didn't stop me feeling sick for a while though!

I did use the opportunity as an excuse to buy and fit the GP kit though - every cloud..

:)

·
ivtec just kicked out,YO!
1,007 Posts
That's bad misterk :(

Any chance you can get the parts from a scrap yard? Might be cheaper than repair those. And you can probably replace the doors your self

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's bad misterk :(

Any chance you can get the parts from a scrap yard? Might be cheaper than repair those. And you can probably replace the doors your self
We dont have scrap yards over here and postage is big ££££ I suppose I can't complain as it is my first bump in 8 years just wish I hit something cheap like a bumper lol

·
Living the dream!
8,542 Posts
My mates a panel beater so he had a quick look round it and said it needs a new quarter because of the way it's creased behind the skirt and in the door shut.

Wish it was only £400 but our body shops charge a fortune, a bonnet respray is £650, all body repairs are mega expensive :mad:

Get a 2nd opinion as I have seen a lot worse than that repaired as for price I was quoted £250 local to have an EP3 bonnet resprayed and this was mint

·
Living the dream!
8,542 Posts
trust me a good body shop guy will repair that from what I can see, you might need a new skirt as this is plastic so if stretched it will never reshape right but car body filler will re shape anything if the guy doing the work is good and that dent is only minor.

The problem you have is finding a body shop you know is good ;) rather than one that either pulls your pants down or tells you they are good but are not.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
The EXACT same thing happened to me. The scrapes polished out but the crease was the killer. Got a CW door off eBay, had it resprayed and fitted with the existing door card. £650. Was cheaper than the £1k plus that Honda quoted me. Good luck with it buddy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts