2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
My 2015 Civic 3 year warranty runs out in June this year. I have a service plan that has 2 full services left on it.
The Honda dealer has offered me the chance to extend the warranty for another year at a cost of £325.
My question is do any of you think it's worthwhile taking this option?
The car has only covered 19K.
Thanks in advance for any opinion.
Darkside

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
I would also say no, as Honda these days are pushing back more and more on some of its warranty claims in certain cases that I have seen..

On the other hand, it does offer peace of mind.. so if you can afford it, take it!!

·
Super Moderator
21,007 Posts
I take it out each year just for peace of mind. It also includes another year of AA Hondacare.

I consider the £thousands Honda saved me by introducing the Connect unit is well offset by a few hundred each year.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I had two honda jazz bought from the Honda dealer in both jazz both suffered from abs failure which could have cost me £1300 to repair fortunately I had a extended warranty so it saved me.
Currently I have a 59 reg civic 2.2 I have extended the warranty for another 3 years and am guessing that the electronic side will fail .....also I have another three years breakdown cover I shopped around for the warranty by phoning another Honda dealer

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all,
thanks for all replies, Not sure how I managed to post this in the 8th edition forum :frown2:
I really appreciate your opinions.

Anyway Just had the service done dealer says all excellent condition and no problems, they also extended the AA Hondacare for another year free of charge as I have the car serviced there every time.
So Iv'e decided to take the chance and not take the extended warranty.
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
47 Posts
ext warranty

my civic come out of its 3year warranty in December, do different dealers offer varying prices ? to shop around.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
The issue I have, is probably the small print.

What is covered, and what is not covered... is it like the 3 yr warranty for longer (so everything covered) or are they like 3rd Party warranties, so pointless

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
my dealer said it's 3rd party cover masquerading as a honda one. apparently not as strict as honda are and take the dealers word for the fault more. sounds like it might be easier to get warranty claims through.
doesnt mean they'll be accepted, just wont need the justification side as water tight.

i'm in two minds about it atm.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
I believe this is an EPP if its by a 3rd party - extended payment protection. Like insurance sold as warranty foe your car should it go wrong.
If it's like the system I know, insurance cover pays Honda for parts and labour to cover the claim..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts