2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PSN ID: OneManTagTeam
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was messing about with my rear foglight bulb, changing to a LED bulb which ended up being too big & I snapped the wire to the holder & now it's too short.

Would something like speaker wire suffice in extending it or is it some sort of special wire?

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I was messing about with my rear foglight bulb, changing to a LED bulb which ended up being too big & I snapped the wire to the holder & now it's too short. Would something like speaker wire suffice in extending it or is it some sort of special wire?
Any wire with the same or greater cross-section will do just fine ...

·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks :)

Longshot, but you wouldn't happen to know what the value is?

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Cool, thanks :) Longshot, but you wouldn't happen to know what the value is?
Sorry, no idea ! - just cut an inch or so off of the remaining wire, and take that with you to a hardware store, for comparison purposes ...

Reactions: markygfaebburn

·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
D'oh! Didn't think of that! :oops:

·
Registered
11 Posts
One to remember is v = w/a or a = w/v so the amerage = watts by volts. If it has to feed a single bulb of 21w at 12 volts the wire only needs to be 2A. You are unlikely to get auto wire below 8A which is 1mm2 in standard cable so you are well covered.

I think the Civic uses thin wall cable so just matching it size for size wont get you the right weight unless the store allows for this.

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts