2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Righty, I've done a lot of searching and in the process gotten extremely confused. There seems to be an abundance of (add-ons) talked about and as I have a data allowance cap on the net, I can't keep fishing through loads of pages to find out my options as the last Internet bill was £80.
I'd like some straight forward solution advice please everyone.

Il be buying me a civic later in the year and I need a solution to the use of external media if I don't manage to get me a TypeS with us and aux as standard. Here's what I would like to be able to do in that eventuality.

Use a USB drive or 1st gen Nano with the standard stereo, keep the function of the steering controls and control the device off the stereo and see the information on the standard stereo display......... Now, is that possible and if so, what do I need?

I was goin to opt for a full stereo change bits costly and a headache.

Thank you all very much in advance for your help, greatly appreciated :D

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
You cannot display track info from MP3 on the display. I believe the same is also true for USB but have no experience to confirm.

The options are the official Honda iPod connector, XCarLink or Dension Gateway 300. All three have positive feedback from forum users.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your feedback :).
The xlink looks pro icing as a solution and it does give me full control of my nano on both stereo and wheel, the lack of being able to see what I'm selecting is a pain and if the official Honda cable can supply the same function as the xlink I might try and negotiate with the dealer when I buy my car to throw in a cable to 'seal the deal'. There seems to be VERY FEW used TypeS's on Hondas site that have colour coded body kits (don't know why), and due to my 8K budget, if I could only get a non-coded one I was gonna try negotiate with them to spray the kit for me, VERY slim chance they'll do that though. It's just which is more important to me, colour coding or incar entertainment.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.