2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Didn't know where else to put this. I have been using my boyfriends car while he's away (with his permission) anyway just had an incident and knocked the plastic trim. :(

Its not come off totally theres a small crack in it but you can't really see it as its underneath. I managed to push it back together.

How much is it likely to cost to repair/replace it?

Many Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
If it's not colour coded to the car and it's the one around the front wheel arch - the price from a Honda Dealer isn't too bad.
Someone here will know the exact cost :- under £30 ??
If it's part of the under bumper, which part? and whats the model of Civic.

·
Civinfo Space Monkey
544 Posts
Which part of the plastic trim as the car is covered in it?

Newtons Honda in Croydon is recommended if you need parts & NH Dan works for them & is member on here, check dealer section & send a message for price of parts.

If its wheel arch trim you need I can tell you its approx £50 front or rear!

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
That will be a few bob more then.:(
If its too expensive from Dealer and just the plain black plastic, a decent Smart Repair Company will be able to join it and the finish will be as good as new.
"The Plastic Surgeon" are now National, so they will be in Yellow Pages.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That will be a few bob more then.:(
If its too expensive from Dealer and just the plain black plastic, a decent Smart Repair Company will be able to join it and the finish will be as good as new.
"The Plastic Surgeon" are now National, so they will be in Yellow Pages.
Ah no not was I was hoping to hear.

I'm tempted to leave it but I'll ring The Plastic Suregon people and see what they say.

Thanks

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
its the bit connecting to the 2 wheel arches.

its a 2008 5 door SE civic (i think)
That sounds like the side skirt. A Type S skirt is around £70 so I'd expect a 5 door side skirt would be a similar price. :)

Post a thread in one of the dealers sections for a price.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Perhaps you could post a picture - you never know someone on here could be selling one

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
They really are brilliant.
They started out years ago, just repairing the plastic trim on cars :- dashes, internal and external panels etc, but they do the lot now.
Very Nice guys to deal with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts