2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have had my FN2 '07 type R a couple of weeks now and as you can tell by the title I'm getting down to the very small jobs now...

Is there a way to recalibrate the external temperature display? I think I'm about 5 Deg. C. out. I have tried the search function but it doesn't come up with anything.

Cheers!

·
Registered
718 Posts
You can customize it via a menu, -3C to +3C. I am quoting the manual:
"Press and hold the INFO button to enter the customizing mode, then press and release the INFO button repeatedly to select ‘‘CHG SETTING.’’ While the multi-information display is showing ‘‘CHG SETTING,’’ press the SEL/RESET button. The display changes to the setting mode.

Press and release the INFO button repeatedly until you see the setup you want to customize, and press the SEL/RESET button to enter your selection. Each time you press the INFO button, the display changes as shown. To customize each setting, follow the procedures described on the following pages.

To exit the customizing mode after your selection, select the exit mode shown above by pressing the INFO button repeatedly, then press the SEL/RESET button. The display will
return to the normal display."

Hope this helps. If I remember correctly you have to apply a handbrake on 8g civic to be able to enter the customization menu.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
I was going to suggest the same but 5c is outside the user changeable range so thought maybe the outside sensor has something blocked around it. Worth a visual check.

Over the years we've not had any posts I can remember about the outside sensor being badly calibrated or inaccurate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to suggest the same but 5c is outside the user changeable range so thought maybe the outside sensor has something blocked around it. Worth a visual check.

Over the years we've not had any posts I can remember about the outside sensor being badly calibrated or inaccurate.
I don't think there will be many bad 'calibrations' - the sensors are highly repeatable between units in their response to temperature so I do wonder if maybe my problem is somewhere else! IR thermometer (not calibrated, ebay special) did confirm that my dash reports about 5 Deg. C. lower than ambient in the shade this morning. Let's see with further investigation..! Thanks:smile3:

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
An IR thermometer will be measuring the temperature of the solid object you are pointing it at, which, with heat soak / absorption, will nearly always be greater than ambient.

What you need us a good old fashioned 'mercury' thermometer, just be sure to get a full immersion type.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
For this check, even using what the BBC or Accu weather reckon it is outside for your location will be a help.

I've got a couple of digital in/out thermos, front/back, in the shade, so depending on where the sun is one of them is true air temp and not influenced by the sun.

Currently the BBC are saying 18c, Accu is saying 16c and my thermo's are saying 19c (no sun yet)

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
All the Civic meets are 'oop norf'.

We did have one down here organised by TC. Only about a dozen of us though.

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
All the Civic meets are 'oop norf'.

We did have one down here organised by TC. Only about a dozen of us though.
Wrong side for you, But there's the Essex Honda group; Usually meet a couple of times a month around Chelmsford / Southend; Just a short jaunt down the A13 / A127 for those in London.
Friendly lot; Static with no Ford-esque revving or garish blaring music.

Meet next Thursday :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts