2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one's for Robbo! :eek:

I hope you guys don't mind me sharing this as it's not a Honda.... nor is it an Aston.. but I felt it only fair on Robbo that I post a Skoda. I mean, not many people have the balls for such acts of idiocy, but I don't mind, a car's a car to me. Sure, I've done an F40, but they aren't exactly the kind of car you see down at the Maccies drive through......... left hooker for a start ;)

So what about the regular cars? I enjoy detailing those as much as the fancy stuff. Infact, the dirtier and more used the car, the better, as it really shows what can be achieved with the right skillset. I get more satisfaction out of the turnaround than a nearly new car which arrives to me just in need of the finer details tending to.

So, on with the thread then, short and sweet. On arrival;

This was after the wash, showing how little protection was actually present - this was only 8 months after the car had been purchased.

Didn't take loads of action photo's or work in progress pics I'm afraid. The car belongs to the father of one of my regular clients, elderly gent, who had been stitched up by the stealer for Autoglym Lifeshine - my involvement was to re-protect using his Lifeshine kit, which I duly did.

Question; What is the difference between a Skoda, and a sheep?

It is less embarassing being seen in a sheep. :p

:popcorn2:

Robbo, I am only joking with you fella. I enjoy all cars for what they are. I'd never used the Lifeshine until this detail tbh, can't say I was over excited by the kit. Comes in a nice carry case, and has lots of stuff with it. I reprotected using the sealant, did it back in December, so can't remember exactly what it was, "Extra Gloss Protection" or something? Anyway, results speak for themselves; it came up quite well I thought.

Best wishes,
Matt.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Looking good Matt! Great job as always ;-)

Now for some pics of the F40 :-D

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My eyes... My poor eyes!!!

Haha, nice one Robbo. That's yours I take it? They've come a long way have Skoda. A good mate of mine has an Octavia VRS diesel, 170hp, goes like stink for a big car, comfy and well equipped too!

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Always fancied having a drive of the Fabia VRS but its the Auto gearbox that puts me off. No fun.

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Ste can only just drive a manual, hence why he's put off by the DSG box.

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
His is the pre-facelift version of yours Robbo, but with your mirrors - it was like a crossover model from what I gather, he got it cheaper as he bought it just as yours came out. Comes in handy when we all go to Blackpool! He went from Manchester to there and back again with the fuel light on, lol. He's a Skoda man, had a Fabia VRS himself before the Octavia. He swapped because I pancaked him around Donington Park in my old Integra, so he wanted something newer and quicker.... So arrived at the Octavia, d'oh!

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Ste can only just drive a manual, hence why he's put off by the DSG box.
And you can clearly not drive either. Your cars in the garage after crashing it again, destroying the wishbone. Thats a manual.

Your experience with flappy paddles is hilarious. Struggling to drive the Ferrari 360 on your track day and complaining because of the flappy paddles.

Such a bad driver! But lets keep on topic shall we.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Would love to mate but theres a big game on that day!

U-N-I-T-E-D, UNITED are the team for me.... :-D

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Awful.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.