2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been a member a couple of months now as I'm looking to get the the diesel. I've been reading various threads and as the wiki seems to be out of action at the moment, could someone maybe give me some clarification with regards to the clutch/flywheel issue? Now I've read that as time went on Honda fitted updated clutches but just wondered if after the 2009 facelift that the issue was rectified or is it a case of it was just less common due to the updated clutch and can still happen?

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
Later derv clutches were apparently improved but are still known to fail.

So if the car has been or will be driven with poor technique (low revs, high gear heavy throttle) then factor in a clutch change to your war chest.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Having owned 3 diesel civics and from reports on this forum plus tech info', the last of the 3 civic clutches was the 325 which I believe is the friction plate dia. (could be wrong !)

If owners drive their cars not unreasonably i.e. not regularly 'booting' their cars from very low revs in a high gear, I would say there's every probability the clutch will run to a long and happy life (100k+ miles) Note: already pointed out by Farqui above.

Of course if the the car bought second hand then how previous owners drove it will quite possibly have a major impact whether the clutch has much remaining life in it !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts