2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm giving serious consideration to replacing my grouse-damaged front bumper with a face-lifted front end, I'm aware that this would involve changing the actual bumper bit, the grille and the headlights but I was wondering what the process would be with the wiring for the DRL's?

Also I'm assuming the pre-facelift and facelift rear bumpers are a simple swap?

I'd love to change out the standard pre-lift lights for the new ones too, I guess that would require a new boot lid to do it properly though?

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,367 Posts
I'm giving serious consideration to replacing my grouse-damaged front bumper with a face-lifted front end, I'm aware that this would involve changing the actual bumper bit, the grille and the headlights but I was wondering what the process would be with the wiring for the DRL's?

Also I'm assuming the pre-facelift and facelift rear bumpers are a simple swap?

I'd love to change out the standard pre-lift lights for the new ones too, I guess that would require a new boot lid to do it properly though?
Are the DRL's on the pre-facelift not optional as I've seen many where they are not working. On the facelift I know you don't get an option. Off topic but the pre-facelift rear mud guards do not fit the facelift model. The fronts do though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All civics were are fitted with DRL's without option. I think both the front and rear bumpers were altered slightly in the facelift. I know that the front certainly was. To be honest I can't see it being a problem other than the wiring for the lights. It's unlikely it's a common thing to do though...even though the facelifted cars looks SOOOO much better!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts