2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently weighing up the option to change my 9G Civics rear light clusters and 3rd brake light/spoiler to the one's from a facelift 9G. It is one of the biggest gripes i have with the look of the car tbh.

Has anyone on here done this before?

If so then what modifications are required?

· Registered
2013 MK9 pre facelift 1.8 TI. Eibach springs and spacers. Michelin PS4’s. Always run on VPower fuel
428 Posts
I am currently weighing up the option to change my 9G Civics rear light clusters and 3rd brake light/spoiler to the one's from a facelift 9G. It is one of the biggest gripes i have with the look of the car tbh.

Has anyone on here done this before?

If so then what modifications are required?
I feel the same about the front of the pre facelift.

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,500 Posts
Same here, mine was given a full detail Thursday, got caught on Sunday so another full top to tail tomorrow.

· Registered
Champ White Type-R GT
2,573 Posts
lol normally id freak but mine is also a state im not fit to wash it by hand and refuse t carwash gang....inside is mucky as hell too atm :( bloody trapped nerve still.

mine at its worst last october, thanks farmers! early start at work hence first in, came out later that day and some darling workmate had added a burst mantool on passenger side in the muck....longest drive home ever freaking out i now had a bulbous scratch in the shape of manparts......i didnt thank F!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

· Registered
Champ White Type-R GT
2,573 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not at all, it uses the same nuts and bolts from the existing setup
I thought the facelift rear spoiler requires 6 nuts and 2 bolts to attach it and the pre-facelift only requires 4 nuts. I think you use the 2 bolts that were for the inner lens's on the pre-facelift that are not required on the inner facelift lens's.

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I am doing this rear light facelift conversion today and as I expected it is not a straight plug and play job.

I am 2 nuts short and I have to drill a hole on each side of the tailgate to get the inner lights on the tailgate to bolt on correctly!

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Eh? Where mate?
I did not have to drill anything, my FL lights fitted straight in with no modifications at all.
On the boot lid for the inner rear lights (reverse lights) to bolt on correctly. I had to drill 2 holes on both the o/s and n/s and pull out the existing plastic plug type connector on the boot lid for the push type pin (circled red in pics)

The space between the two fixing points on the edge of the boot lid are vastly different (between the blue lines in pics).
The 3 threaded studs on the bottom of the pre-facelift and facelift lens's are the same but the position for the top bolt on the pre-facelift is used for the facelift spoiler with the facelift lens having a hole closer to the 3 threaded studs.

There was no other way to bolt on the facelift lenses to my pre-facelift MK9 using ALL of the fixing points.

You also need another 2 5mm nuts to tighten down all 6 studs on the facelift rear spoiler as the pre-facelift spoiler (third brake light) is only fixed down with 4 5mm nuts so you are 2 5mm nuts short from what you have left after removing all of the pre-facelift rear lights and spoiler.

· Registered
2012 EX GT 2.2
12 Posts
Oh I simply unscrewed those and presented the lights to the car, it was a good firm without them so left them out.
Have you got the nuts now? I have a few spare I can post you a couple.
My lights and spoiler came with all the fixings so didn’t seem like anything was missing.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts