2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Oh I simply unscrewed those and presented the lights to the car, it was a good firm without them so left them out.
Have you got the nuts now? I have a few spare I can post you a couple.
My lights and spoiler came with all the fixings so didn’t seem like anything was missing.
Thanks for the offer but i have already ordered the 5mm nuts from Cox Honda.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello folks!

just got a pre-facelift (2013) civic. it has those ugly rear lights and i want to exchange them for those from the facelift model!

here's some pictures of how my car looks atm, and how i want it to look / what i want to change.

CURRENTLY:

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

------------------

PLAN:

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Land vehicle Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate

-----------------

now, im sitting here and i dont even know where to begin. there's a couple of threads about this already and i've read them.
is it correct that i just need the rear lights & rear spoiler of the facelift model and just install those parts in place?
also, i've read that there will be no drilling required, just like exchanging defect lights for new ones.
is this correct?
what are things i need to take into consideration? what do i have to take care of prior to buying the facelift parts? where can i get them cheap?
any dealbreakers / things that could lock me out of achieving this?
do i need any tools for this job?

thank you very much i'm looking forward to reading your answers & tips on how to get this done with the least frustration possible :ROFLMAO:

cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a question regarding the change you did from pre-facelift rear lights to facelift rear lights on your pre-facelift mk9.

from which exact model did you buy the rear lights and the spoiler? and, how much did they cost you?

please check my post for reference. thank you so much!

·
Registered
2012 EX GT 2.2
12 Posts
Hi Gents,
The swap is pretty string forward, you can go to ways about this.
Drill two holes to accommodate all the bolts or remove to extra bolts/screws from the new lights, other that is pretty much a straight swap, all the wiring is the same too.

I got my parts from eBay, I just looked for civic mk9 rear lights and picked up the correct ones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Gents,
The swap is pretty string forward, you can go to ways about this.
Drill two holes to accommodate all the bolts or remove to extra bolts/screws from the new lights, other that is pretty much a straight swap, all the wiring is the same too.

I got my parts from eBay, I just looked for civic mk9 rear lights and picked up the correct ones.
I seem to be able to find the correct rear brake lights. Can you confirm for me that they indeed are the right ones fitting on my car?

also, I can’t find the top middle brake light / spoiler, the light thing going across the rear window. Can you send me a link of it? I’d really really appreciate your time.

·
Registered
2012 EX GT 2.2
12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Those are the correct lights yes, you also need the lights in the tailgate.
If you find someone breaking one for spares is easier

Sadly no shipping to Germany :cry: but the description says they’ll ship worldwide. I’ll check with the seller.

In total I need 5 Parts. 2x on the right, 2x on the left and the spoiler in the middle. Right?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts