2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Having switched from a parrot in my old car to my 56 plate civic EX everyone I speak to says the hands free sounds awful.

I have never considered replacing it as I dont want the steering wheel buttons to be there but not be used, however today I found out about something that you wire in and it lets you use the wheel buttons to control the parrot (9100, 9200 etc).

I was just wondering if anyone has done this and how you found the difference?

I have a mini USB phone also so I know that the 9100 (I think) that my wife has in our other car lets you connect via USB, although I'm buggered if I can get it to work. That thing has been so temperamental since the day we got it (automatically playing music when you first connect phone without you telling it to... being difficult to then stop... and virtually impossible to restart later when you want to use it!)

If I can get this installed and working I'd just need a cigarette lighter socket charger in the glove box for emergencies and I'm good to go.

I did like the idea of connecting a large external hard drive for music via one of the aftermarket solutions but this wont solve the bluetooth issue. In a dream world the parrot would let me connect a hard drive to it too but I dont think thats possible?

Basically after anyones thoughts on this!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
There's an easy and quick 'fix' for the HFT microphone sound quality - just involves a bit or two of shaped foam - lots of older posts in here about this ...

Just 'pair' your phone with the Bluetooth unit in the car, and connect a small USB drive or a large USB stick via an aftermarket connection ...

Or, connect your phone via a 3.5mm phone cable (aftermarket kit) and play your music from there ...

Job done, at minimal expense ! ...

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if I can get the mic quality in the handsfree fixed then I will indeed just get an aftermarket USB device connected to the head unit that recognises it as a cd changer and allows me to use steering wheel controls, however i wasnt aware there was a fix for the audio quality of the bluetooth.

I still suspect it wont be as good quality as the parrot quality but I'll certainly search for that now

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
erm... i can't find the posts anywhere about improving audio quality of the HFT. can yuo link me up?

Also has anybody had experience of using an external USB hard drive with a parrot system? If so which one was it and how did you find it?

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts