2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys . I've had a problem with my factory car alarm after i changed the baterry with a new one . So it happened this way : i unlock the car with distance remote control(aftermarket alarm) and when i open the door the alarm goes off , and the siren won't stop(siren is from the factory car alarm). So i did this : i took of the negative from battery ,disconnected the siren that factory car alarm has and unplugged all the wires from head unit of the factory alarm(it is located under the driver side ,it's a little black box) . And now i'm locking my car from the aftermarket alarm ( like i always did).i'm wondering if there will be problems if i don't have my factory car alarm installed and i use only the aftermarket one.i would really appreciate some answers.i've saw that there are a lot of problems with the factory car alarms on civic gen 8

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes factory car alarm and aftermarket car alarm. The alarm that is aftermarket is installed at honda dealership. It's somehow connected . When i unlocked the car from my aftermarket alarm the siren would beep 2 times . But understand that the siren is from factory car alarm. I don't how to put this. I have a viper 5101 aftermarket alarm if that helps in any way

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If i lock the car from aftermarket alarm and unlock it from the key (factory car alarm) the siren would go off and same if i lock the car with factory car alarm and unlock it twith the aftermarket one the siren wpuld fo off. But this time i had it locked and unlocked from the aftermarket alarm and when i open the door the siren go off...

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
It just sounds like the two systems are incompatible, as far as the stock alarm is concerned, when the car is unlocked from the after market, and the door is opened, the stock alarm thinks the car should still be locked, and so someone has broken through the lock. Vice versa I'd imagine.

The dealership it was fitted at should be able to fix this, never heard of an aftermarket option being fitted for an alarm from dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts