2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, can i ask how and what is the cheapest way to get an usb/i pod connection to my honda cd/stereo? i am sick of using radio transmitter thingy,,yes i am a tech dinosaur,,steve.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that , are they easy to install? i take it a hole will have to be made in cubby hole above gearstick for the wire to come from the back of unit?

·
Marty says BWAAAHHH!!!
820 Posts
thanks for that , are they easy to install? i take it a hole will have to be made in cubby hole above gearstick for the wire to come from the back of unit?
I have one of THESE which is essentially the same as the xcarlink usb box. They do a ipod version too which is a couple of quid more.

I have mine in the cubby hole above the gear stick and had to cut a hole in it. If you are fitting it in the armrest then there is a blanking cap that you can feed the wires through.

They are plug and play but I had difficulty removing the top panel above the stereo. In the end I abandoned removing it and I was able to reach around and plug it in without removing the stereo.

As long as you have a firm but gentle touch for removing the panels without snapping the clips then you should be fine.
There is a nice howto HERE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts