2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having purchased a new civic exgt I was rather disapoited with the brightness of the footwell lights, these seem to be nearly non excisting, even with the dash lights as bright as they will go, Honda don't seem to have a answer to this problem, we sat in the new Accord at the weekend and the lights were bright enough to see in the daylight, has any one got any ideas as to how I can overcome this problem, without invalidating my warrenty, Please help a vary disalutioned customer.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Having purchased a new civic exgt I was rather disapoited with the brightness of the footwell lights, these seem to be nearly non excisting, even with the dash lights as bright as they will go, Honda don't seem to have a answer to this problem, we sat in the new Accord at the weekend and the lights were bright enough to see in the daylight, has any one got any ideas as to how I can overcome this problem, without invalidating my warrenty, Please help a vary disalutioned customer.
Yes, they are a bit pathetic... What I and a lot of other members did was to un-clip the bulb unit and drill a small hole in the black plastic holder (Round black circle that the light shines through. This holder is the problem as it is not opaque enough, to the hole allows the light through better :)

See here: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/styling/31761-free-footwell-upgrade-09-ctr.html

The Bright blue cap in the pics is actually black on the EX

This wont invalidate the warranty, as the would not even notice... and you could by a new holders for pennies when you come to sell if really wanted to..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ambiant footwell lights

Hi all, i live Norfolk i drive exgt civic great car i bought it new april last year my only gripe is footwell lighting or lack of so any info on how to overcome this niggle would be helpfull thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Hi all, i live Norfolk i drive exgt civic great car i bought it new april last year my only gripe is footwell lighting or lack of so any info on how to overcome this niggle would be helpfull thanks guys.
Hi, What do you mean, do you want to install footwell lights or having problems with your existing footwell lights ??

There are plenty of threads in regards to foowtwell lighting if you have a search for it, or look in the lighting section.

cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi they are fitted as standard but are useless you cannot se them in the dark didnt know if its posible to fit super bright led,s i se maplins sell these mine are wired through dash lights dimmer so dont know weather they 12volt or have a balance resister fitted any info will be helpfull thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.