2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys just bought a civic ex and it comes with a reversing camera that looks factory fitted but the pic is awfull is it possible to swap it for one that gives a decent view when reversing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That's interesting, how do you brighten it up?
When you have it in reverse and the camera is on, twist the middle control and it will dull or brighten. Mine was quite dark and a found this out by accident. Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC One_** using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
21,244 Posts
Is it a 8G or 9G ? (Posted in 8G section)

I wasn't aware of a 8G having OEM reverse camera.

This time of year the rear lens may become dirty as it's right in the line of fire of the sprayed muck. A quick wipe with a finger usually fixes it.

2013-09-02 006.jpg

·
Administrator
21,244 Posts
I had 2 8G EX's and neither had a reversing camera option in the brochure from what I remember.

Anyone care to tell me I'm wrong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It was fitted by me directly into the Sat nav display, and comes on when reverse is selected, I did it because the reversing buzzers stopped working. I know the brighness switch on the dash but it does not help much in the daylight but bright enough in the shade. I might try a different camera.Regards, cracking forum lads.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Yes Krem... it was an factory fitted option. Check the wiki and you will see Pottsy's review of it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts