2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well don't want to speek too soon but looks like factory nav fitted and working without taking dash out. Bit of a job but I like the look of it. Just to sort hft side now and that's it yay

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well its all up and running and actually not a bad job to do but like others have said time consuming.

i went down the thinning the loom route and to be fair this is the time consuming part but not difficult , patience and control is the key.

not the best sat nav agreed but it looks a lot cooler that just the standard display and is all factory as that the look i prefer even after having a new double din in.

once loom was thinned down all the sat nav side was up and running in a couple of hours.

all i will say is that if anyone is having a go make sure you have the dash loom .

if anyone want advice i will try my best to help

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really enjoyed doing it and would have no worries doing another or offering advice

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, I have a slight issue, everything is good in the voice communication stuff, but when I do the the finger diag process it doesn't show hft module, the mic you can test. Would I be right in thinking that it is not visible for some reason on the B can network? Or an I missing something simple?

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK think it's me lol, was expecting it to do more than it does as I was reading face-lift manual. Can I fit the later module or do I need face-lift head unit?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Great job lol after looking at all the wires and scratched my head my nails are full of splinters.
Well done.:smile3:

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well completed the mod today, been bugging me TMC hasn't been working so I've been slowly finding required looms. I had the floor loom but needed tailgate loom and the radio aerial split loom. To make the job easier I stripped the floor loom down and just used TMC aerial wire and did the same to the radio loom. This just left 1 wire in those 2 looms. I left the triple connectors on and the removed the double connector in drivers footwell loom and fitted the wires into triple connectors , I then did the same on rear pillar connector. feeding the wire down the NS sill with original aerial loom. I was going to do the same with the tailgate harness but the wires are all linked and soldered in there so I changed full loom. The hardest part is removing all the trims but honda clips seem great , for 11 year old car none broke. All in all probably hour to an hour and a half job.

Well pleased now .

Only 1 bugbare is the display doesn't go on to night mode so I need to find a wire to do that , all in all well pleased and glad I did it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts